Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've activated a new feature - when you're viewing a thread, you'll see a quick-reply box at the bottom of the thread. It's a way to post in the thread without having to open a new window.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^ ^ Yes, I've made it the default option so more people will be aware of it.

B

·
0 Posts
I've always done it.  I only revert to the other form when I can't remember a smiley code. (semicolon--close-parenthesis)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Great feature, Harvey.  thank you.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Harvey said:
I've activated a new feature - when you're viewing a thread, you'll see a quick-reply box at the bottom of the thread. It's a way to post in the thread without having to open a new window.
But, Harvey, when I choose "Quote" it automatically goes to the quick reply. I use all the little buttons all the time so I like the old way. Is there some way that I can set it up (just for me) that "Quote" does not default to quick reply? Is that an option in the settings? (I'll go look there now and see if I can answer my own question.)

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Leslie said:
But, Harvey, when I choose "Quote" it automatically goes to the quick reply. I use all the little buttons all the time so I like the old way. Is there some way that I can set it up (just for me) that "Quote" does not default to quick reply? Is that an option in the settings? (I'll go look there now and see if I can answer my own question.)

L
And, ah-ha! There is. I found it in the profile settings. Just so everyone knows... ;)

L

·
Registered
869 Posts
Leslie said:
And, ah-ha! There is. I found it in the profile settings. Just so everyone knows... ;)

L
Thanks, Leslie -

A woman to admire ;D :D

Now I will take advantage of the info you uncovered.

Marci

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Leslie said:

L
Leslie said:

L
Ah, thanks Leslie. I didn't realize it would have that effect on Quoting. I may be able to change that default behavior.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
But 'quick reply' is good when you just want to, you know, reply quick. :)

·
Registered
7,159 Posts
gertiekindle said:
Thanks, Leslie. I prefer the old way myself. With the Quick Reply, we can't multi-quote.
I discovered that if you use Preview from the Quick Reply then the page with the full-feature Post Reply is displayed with the multi-quote available.
Anna

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Annalog said:
I discovered that if you use Preview from the Quick Reply then the page with the full-feature Post Reply is displayed with the multi-quote available.
Anna
Thanks for the tip. It was driving me crazy not to be able to use all those nice buttons at the top! :eek:

B

·
0 Posts
Annalog said:
Anna
I frequently use this alternative.

Maybe I'm just too used to message boards? ;)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Thanks Leslie - I prefer this way too - I am partial to all the buttons - :) ;) :D ;D :mad: :( :eek: ::)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts