Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For our quilting members who might be interested, there are three (non-Kindled) quilting books in which I have quilts. I'm going to pre-order the Pieced Symbols one, and thought KBoards might as well benefit, and then thought my fellow quilters might be interested in it and the other two. I haven't met a quilter yet who didn't collect quilting books, and certainly the book lovers on this board would be no exception! A tiny bit of shameless self promotion, but I get no proceeds from the sales of these books (unfortunately ::)).

(available for preorder; out in November)
This is foundation pieced patterns, from simple to rather complicated, representing symbols from around the world. The author asked for people to make samples for her book, which I thought would be fun. She gave me Australian Aboriginal patterns she had developed to use in the quilt of my own design. (Not the cover quilt, assume that's the author's!) Harvey, does KB get benefit from pre-orders when they're finally sent and charged? Or should I wait?

These are quilts from the Journal Quilt Project, an ongoing project over about five years at the Houston Quilt Show. I only have one of the tiny 8 1/2" x 11" quilts in the book, but it's worth having to see what kind of art can be done in that format!

(limited copies available on Amazon)
I was privileged to be juried into the last year of this remarkable three year exhibit honoring mothers. This book is guaranteed to make you cry as you read about the quilts and the stories behind them and the artistry of the quilts is incredible. I consider this a must-have in a quilting library.

Here is my "Mama" quilt, though it's not a good pic, the blue isn't quite that brilliant! To tell the truth, after seeing the other quilts that got in, I wasn't sure how I did (that $100 bill stapled to the quilt must have helped!) ::)

Betsy

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Harvey, does KB get benefit from pre-orders when they're finally sent and charged? Or should I wait?
Congratulations, Betsy, how rewarding it must be to see your wonderful craftsmanship recognized like this.

(I believe that KB *does* get benefit from pre-orders - thank you!)

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Wow Betsy, wow.  How exciting for you.  You must be so proud.  And I'm proud to know you via KB.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
after the books are out can we see pictures of your other quilts??  I'm not a quilter but I am in awe of people who can do it... me I will stick to my very simple knitting  ;D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.