Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last few days I haven't been able to quote a post I wanted to respond to. I think UsedToPostHere mentioned having the same issue in another thread in the Writers' Cafe. Doesn't seem to be universal.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Cassie Leigh said:
The last few days I haven't been able to quote a post I wanted to respond to. I think UsedToPostHere mentioned having the same issue in another thread in the Writers' Cafe. Doesn't seem to be universal.
Hmmmm.... Let me take a look. It sounds like it is consistently happening to you? Have you tried logging out of KBoards and back in again?

Betsy

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
It's not working for me either, keeps just saying "Loading...", but lets me type in the post box anyway.

I also mentioned in the Forum announcements forum that the Jump to: at the bottom of each page no longer works since the scheduled maintenance.  There's no way to move forum by forum now except to return to the home page and go from there.

·
Super Moderator
67,248 Posts
Happening to me as well . . . . I thought it was just the forum timing out. It wasn't working this morning on my main machine nor this evening on my laptop. Both are Win 10, On both I use the most current version fo Firefox.

It must be working for some, though, as I see quotes in their posts.

·
5,883 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Happening to me as well . . . . I thought it was just the forum timing out. It wasn't working this morning on my main machine nor this evening on my laptop. Both are Win 10, On both I use the most current version fo Firefox.

It must be working for some, though, as I see quotes in their posts.
As you see, it's working for me. If it's any help, I use Windows 7 and the latest Firefox. I also use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 tablet with Firefox and it seems to be working OK on there too.

It's very odd that it's random - presumably that will make it harder to pin down the problem.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
crebel said:
It's not working for me either, keeps just saying "Loading...", but lets me type in the post box anyway.

I also mentioned in the Forum announcements forum that the Jump to: at the bottom of each page no longer works since the scheduled maintenance. There's no way to move forum by forum now except to return to the home page and go from there.
What system and browser are you using, Chris?

I'm using my iPad and it's working fine. Will fire up the PC later and test with it.

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,248 Posts
Quoting still not working for me . . . Win 10 using latest Firefox.

And another member PMd me that images in his threads were not displaying -- these were linked to his website and had been working before the maintenance on the server.

I think we need some more maintenance. :(

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Firefox and Windows 10 for me. I just get 'Loading ...'

Also, the board no longer displays images linked from other websites, unless those sites are using https: (SSL).  mind are all on a regular http: server and don't show.

This is just since the recent update.

·
Super Moderator
67,248 Posts
For the images -- you might try just adding the s to the http and see if that fixes the images issue.

I know the tech people are aware of both issues.

·
Registered
9,172 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
What system and browser are you using, Chris?

I'm using my iPad and it's working fine. Will fire up the PC later and test with it.

Betsy
As you can see, the quote function is working again (for me, anyway) as of this evening! The Jump to: is also back! YAY

·
Super Moderator
67,248 Posts
crebel said:
As you can see, the quote function is working again (for me, anyway) as of this evening! The Jump to: is also back! YAY
Yes, quoting worked for me, too. Yay!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts