Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
There's something great about staying in and getting things done when it rains. Or just hanging out on a dreary day.

I'm with you on the guilt.

Teresa

·
Registered
290 Posts
I live in Michigan, so at the moment I want SUN. But overall I think variety is good. One time we had a drought during the summer. After that I've always appreciated rain.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
I prefer sunny days.  It's a selfish reason though, the change in pressure from sunny to rainy is a migraine trigger, so any day it's not raining is more likely to be a migraine free day.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I like both. I find rainy days are perfect for writing. The tapping on the window is so relaxing, but when I am not writing I am training and rain is not fun to run in for an hour. So training i like nice warm sunny days, where I can run along the beach and chill out. It should be sunny so I can train and rain in the evening so I can write.... I have a feeling that won't ever happen, lol.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I like to write in the rain. Well, not actually sitting out in the rain...that might short circuit the laptop  ;D, but I like the sound of it for inspiration.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
I love the sun - but right now we're having record heat and a drought where I live (NW Florida) so we're doing the rain dance - starting to wish for a nice little tropical storm to head our way, actually.  And I do love the occasional nice rainy day (as long as I don't have to get out in it).  Best of all is being able to sleep in on a rainy morning, or going to sleep at night when it's raining. 

But I know I couldn't live someplace like the Northwest - just not enough sun for me.  Living in Holland and Germany for a total of 12 years taught me that.  Loved the areas, didn't love the weather.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Alle Meine Entchen said:
I prefer sunny days. It's a selfish reason though, the change in pressure from sunny to rainy is a migraine trigger, so any day it's not raining is more likely to be a migraine free day.
That's it exactly! Also, after the heavy rain and flooding we have had here the last couple of years, I am ready for drier weather. I can be just as lazy and curl up with my kindle on a sunny day as a rainy day without any guilt whatsoever ;)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Alain Gomez said:
I live in a sunny part of the world so I love it when it rains. Sunny days are nice but they make me feel guilty if I spent the whole day indoors :)
I'm with you completely. There aren't a ton of sunny days where I live either, so rainy days are treasured.

·
Registered
8,822 Posts
Living in the desert is truly wonderful, however, constant sunshine can make one very irritable !! Very hard on the eyes.
Cloudy/Rainy days are cause for celebration.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I live in the Pacific Northwest where it rains 9 months out of the year.  The weather I'm told is rather "mild" and we are pretty much under a constant sky of grey clouds.  While it's easier on the eyes, and at times I enjoy the rain...it gets to be too much.  Especially when it's nearing summer time.  It's the beginning of June, and we are just starting to warm up ever so slowly.  We get so little actual sunlight that we have a constant run on Vitamin D at the pharmacies.

So while I like and appreciate the rain, I really enjoy the warmth and how the Pacific Northwest truly shows off it's beauty in the sun!  This is what we, in the Pacific Northwest, live for!  The rain makes you appreciate the sunny days.

Tris

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Lived all around the world and now I live in las Vegas. It is the longest I have ever lived somewhere 7 yrs. I miss seasons. It's sunny 300+ days a year. I love that I can plan an outdoor thing and odds r it's not going to rain. (if it does it is only a little drizzle). I miss mansion seasons. Autumn. White winters.  Greenery. In Vegas it's a lot of neutral colors. Can't wait for college to be done and I can move on

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Right now, with the record heat Chicago is getting...I would settle for rain.  I like it cool and sunny, though.

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
I prefer sunny and low humidity (but not desert low) during the day, and then around midnight a gentle, steady rain until about 5am, at which point it begins to clear up again. :)

·
Registered
9,932 Posts
^^^  That sounds pretty good.

Actually, I like a good downpour every once in a while too.  Summer thunderstorms in this area would be perfect if it weren't for worrying about trees falling or losing power.

My least favorite is the weather in northern Germany:  some amount of drizzle (could be ten minutes or ten hours of it)  on 250 days of the year.  And seemingly endless periods of drab gray weather.  :p

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
If I were from the 100 Acre Wood, I'd be Eeyore... so rainy days all the way.  I love when it's overcast, storming, or especially that blustery time you get just before an impending storm.  I could do without sun being out ><

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Susan in VA said:
My least favorite is the weather in northern Germany: some amount of drizzle (could be ten minutes or ten hours of it) on 250 days of the year. And seemingly endless periods of drab gray weather. :p
Ick. I lived in England for a little while and it was the same. It wasn't always cold you were just never... warm. Everyone became noticeably happier when the sun would come out for 5.32 minutes.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts