Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody heard of Rambunctious Books? If so, what's your assessment?

·
Registered
5,869 Posts
robert eggleton said:
Has anybody heard of Rambunctious Books? If so, what's your assessment?
Well, no, I've never heard of them but I've had a read of their website and I'm none the wiser. I thought at first they were another newsletter promotion, but that doesn't seem to be the case. They are not publishers, although they are offering to pay you money. They are a new entity, so it seems. I have to ask: what's in it for them? Their website is copyrighted this year, so no track record.

I wonder if they are a pirate site, looking to take good books and give them away. If you know your book should meet their criteria and you don't see a penny of the promised advance, that seems the most likely. But, you won't know that until it's too late.

Sorry I can't be more help. I suppose everyone's got to start somewhere, but I ask again: what's in it for them? I can only assume they are going to sell your book for much more than you are charging or they are pirates in the making. Why would anyone buy from them when it's much safer to buy from Amazon and all the others like Barnes & Noble.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Their website was registered less than 6 months ago.  Their FB has 56 likes.  My assessment would be to move on--or at least that's what I would do.

·
Registered
790 Posts
They seem too new to have a sufficient platform and support. I wouldn't really touch them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts