Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a family member ask me this and I didn't know the answer.

Let's assume that I decided to write under a pen name. If I published the book under the pen name, would I be given a separate amazon author's page for that pen name, or would everything be linked?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Yes.  If you use a pen name, you'll be given an option to create a separate author central page for that persona.  The sales and payments will all be linked back to your main account.  So, readers will see JR Leckman and Paul Penname like they're two different unrelated people, but the books from both will be on your bookshelf and reports and go into your one bank account.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. Thanks for taking the time to answer.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
There's nothing to set up.  You enter the pen name in the author field on amazon and then publish.  After it goes live, you go to author central and it will give you the proper options.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Patty Jansen said:
But you're logged in through your regular name. Can you add another author to this?
When I added my pen name, I just added the new title, and Author Central told me "hu oh, this is not your name, is this a pen name?" or something like this, and then you go from there.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Patty Jansen said:
Ah, OK. I thought of trying that, but at this stage I don't want the two names linked in any way that buyers can see, so I was scared to do that. But I'll try it now.
Disclaimer: I did this last year. I cannot guarantee this still works that way or that I remember every step, but it's what I remember. Let us know if that went ok!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts