Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sarah09 said:
Anyone else's Amazon rankings been stuck for hours?
Yes! And it was the last day of my promo, and it did well. It's super frustrating that it hasn't updated. Plus, who knows how many sales I might have missed out on. If it had updated, I'd be in the top 100 in a few subcategories...

·
Registered
250 Posts
None of the books I track have had their ranking updated in over 12 hours.

I hope it is fixed soon, my mom's book was released today!

·
Registered
677 Posts
This appears to be an ongoing problem for the past week or so, that rankings (at least what i've noticed for my husband's books) only seem to update around midnight each day to reflect sales, but they go down, down, down during the day.

·
Registered
250 Posts
The rankings are moving but the wrong way! They must be a good 12 hours behind.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Just moved for me too. I wouldn't have minded it being stuck a bit longer though, since I was nicely high in rankings following a Booksends promo when it froze. Oh, well, all good things...

G

·
Yes, rankings have been stuck.

Plus, since Holiday Seasons ended (around 1st week of Jan) I'm seeing some strange changes in the algorithms.

These are just based on what I've observed and might not be right

1) Now ranks update slower after sales bumps. In the past it used to be 2 to 4 hrs. Now it seems to be 3 to 7 hours.

2) There now seems to be a midnight cut-off. So rankings for the last day don't have as much weight as for the current day.

3) Some portion of effect is split over 3 days. In 2014 any sales rank boost would get applied within 4 hours at most and apply same day. Now Amazon algorithms seem to be distributing impact over 3 days.

Is anyone else seeing this? I'm particularly curious about the 3rd i.e. impact of sales and downloads being distributed across 3 days, instead of applying same day.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I can't be certain, but it also looks to me that preorder sales are getting a slightly higher weight than actual sales. I see this in An Autumn Accord vs Very Merry Mischief. Both are within 2-4 sales of each other, but the rankings are very different.

Now it might just be that if there are negative factors on a book's ranking like time it's been released that affects book that are released and isn't factored on books that are in pre-release. ::Shrug::

·
Registered
839 Posts
purplesmurf said:
This appears to be an ongoing problem for the past week or so, that rankings (at least what i've noticed for my husband's books) only seem to update around midnight each day to reflect sales, but they go down, down, down during the day.
This has been my experience as well. :(

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.