Kindle Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
G

·
I'm in Spain and my redline sticks on zero sales all day until late, then creeps up. I then see an increase the next morning which seems at odds with the individual rankings. When I do a check on booktrackr later there are often represent differences of 100% in reported sales.

I would say that Amazon are having troubles with their servers and processing data, thereby putting the less important stuff to run late or overnight to balance the load. This is further added to when they are calculating the royalties mid-month and towards the end of the month when they are beginning to roll out the payments.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My rankings were stuck all last night and this morning, and now they're jumping around like methed-up squirrels. Half-Made Girls is on free promo today and jumped from a rank of 200k to 2k. Sweet! Night-Blooded Boys is a new release at $0.99 that leaped off a cliff from about 100k yesterday to 375k, despite having a couple of dozen sales so far today. Not so sweet.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yes! I started noticed something was different when I did a promo at the end of January. I've had some promos running throughout this month as well and it's definitely taking longer to update the ranking. Much to my chagrin. It killed me to see my downloads skyrocketing all morning and yet my ranking sat in no man's land until the afternoon. And of course, sales updates on the following books always seem to be peaking late in the evening and then to drop again overnight and come morning. Not as important I suppose, seeing as though they're not charting, but still...  :(

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Since Amazon discovered they weren't collecting accurate sales data for a lot of authors' 1099 forms, that also means Amazon wasn't getting accurate earnings data for their own company's quarterly IRS reports and payments.  I bet there's been a lot of yelling coming from the accounting department right now, and Amazon's programmers are busy rewriting and implementing new code for more accurate sales reporting.  The glitches were probably introduced into the system when they wrote the original KULL code.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My rankings finally moved.  They went down, which is crazy because yesterday was the best sales day I've ever had.  :(  I guess Amazon is just going to ignore the sales that happened while things were stuck.  I guess I don't really know how'd the catch up, and make everything right, but they picked the worst possible day to bug out.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
FictionbyAngela said:
My rankings finally moved. They went down, which is crazy because yesterday was the best sales day I've ever had. :( I guess Amazon is just going to ignore the sales that happened while things were stuck. I guess I don't really know how'd the catch up, and make everything right, but they picked the worst possible day to bug out.
Ouch! I'm sorry. That hurts. *passes chocolate*

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Avis Black said:
Since Amazon discovered they weren't collecting accurate sales data for a lot of authors' 1099 forms, that also means Amazon wasn't getting accurate earnings data for their own company's quarterly IRS reports and payments. I bet there's been a lot of yelling coming from the accounting department right now, and Amazon's programmers are busy rewriting and implementing new code for more accurate sales reporting. The glitches were probably introduced into the system when they wrote the original KULL code.
That makes a LOT of sense. My husband sees that happen often in his field. I don't know why I didn't think of it myself!
I hope they fix it soon. Without breaking something else.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.