Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon!

I know this question has been asked and answered, and I did a search and tried to glean as much as I could...but I found a lot of bits and pieces that were contradictory and I'm hoping someone can spare the time to explain it to we newbies on the boards.

When do we start getting mentioned in the "Also Boughts?"  I though it was when we got one of those bars on our book, but someone said this weekend that "now that I got above 10,000 in rank I would be getting some Also Bought Love"

I know it is just suspision, but does the Also Boughts look at sales or ranking?  For instance, a reader purchased book A, B and C.  Book A has the fewest sales, book B the middle and book C the top sales over time, but a lower rank today that book B.  How would the books be ranked on the page. 

And does "Also Bought Love" just mean I will get on other books pages, does that mean emails?  I'm confused!

Thank you all, you're wonderful!

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
The very first day my first book hit Amazon, before a single copy sold, there was a line of "Also bought." It didn't mean anything--it just got my mother excited. After a few copies sold, it showed up a couple of times with some odd stuff (books I assume were purchased by family...leading me to think I have family with odd reading habits...)

So all in all, I don't think the number of books you sell matters as far as inclusion or exclusion in the "also bought" pitch...but once there's a sales pattern, whether you've sold 20 or 2000, the book probably pops up now and then.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
All my books got an 'also bought' line in April, and started appearing other people's 'also bought's (which is the key) because that means people who look at those books, might also look at yours.

I don't know what the threshhold is for that.  Maybe it depends on the book or the author (my later books got it way sooner than my earlier ones). 

There should be no emails involved :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts