Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wondering if anyone else is seeing what I'm seeing today? I rarely get any reviews. I don't advertise my books, so I don't see much action on them. My top book has sat at 78 reviews for probably a year or more. Then suddenly today it jumped to 82 when I looked in the morning, and now 84. There are no new reviews showing (though I know sometimes reviews take longer to appear than the number showing up top). I'm just wondering if Amazon is up to something? I can't imagine these are actual new ratings, because I have only sold two copies of this book in the past month.

· Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Now it has another new rating, and another one of my books added one as well. I might get about one to two ratings/reviews per year, so this is something very odd. Perhaps Amazon is adding back in reviews it took down years ago? I did lose a handful of reviews a few years ago. Another change I see is that I was always able to see all of my books under my name, but as of today, it's only showing the ones that have recent sales. Perhaps there's a relation between the changes Amazon is making to their programming.

· Registered
Of Claws and Inferno (Of Cinder and Bone #5)
1,163 Posts
I checked mine and I have 2 more stars on my sci-fi first in series and 4 more on my urban fantasy first in series, so something might be up? At some point, they said they wanted to show Goodreads reviews and ratings on Amazon, but I don't know how committed they were to that or how it would even be implemented to prevent duplicate reviews.

· Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I checked mine and I have 2 more stars on my sci-fi first in series and 4 more on my urban fantasy first in series, so something might be up? At some point, they said they wanted to show Goodreads reviews and ratings on Amazon, but I don't know how committed they were to that or how it would even be implemented to prevent duplicate reviews.
Interesting. I don't think it could be from GR or I'd have a lot more.

· Registered
Of Claws and Inferno (Of Cinder and Bone #5)
1,163 Posts
Interesting. I don't think it could be from GR or I'd have a lot more.
I was wondering if they just started moving some ratings over from Goodreads instead of the whole thing at once, but I have no idea. A couple of my other books in either series went up in ratings as well, but no reviews. Odd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts