Kindle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
been lurking here for a bit, also found the mobilread forums.
took delivery of my kindle a couple weeks ago.
have been evaluating the different epaper offerings for more than a year now - going back and forth between cybook and kindle mostly. 
sony's draconian tactics have completely turned me off - in the end the kindle won simply because of it's independence (not requiring a computer at all) and the content selection which is substantially-larger than anyone elses.

i'm not a stranger to community forums having admin'ed several related to off-road vehicles - which is another hobby of mine.
we also own one of the new smart cars so i've checked out those forums as well from time to time.

i tend to read a mix of fiction and non-fiction, travel essays about interesting places, alot of satirical fiction like JPOD, The Company, Syrup, etc.

some fav authors: chricton, thomas perry for the butcher's boy series, andrew vacchs, douglas coupland, max barry, augusten burroughs, stephen hunter, dave barry, dan savage, and alot of less established authors, travel essayists and non-fiction titles.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Welcome rawlus! Thanks for telling us a little about yourself. We all share a passion for reading and Kindling. We are a friendly bunch. We are starting bookclubs in Jan which will be fun, you can read more about that in The book Corner.

Linda

·
Registered
384 Posts
Welcome Rawlus®.  I hope you enjoy KindleBoards as much as everyone else.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
rawlus® said:
been lurking here for a bit, also found the mobilread forums.
took delivery of my kindle a couple weeks ago.
have been evaluating the different epaper offerings for more than a year now - going back and forth between cybook and kindle mostly.
sony's draconian tactics have completely turned me off - in the end the kindle won simply because of it's independence (not requiring a computer at all) and the content selection which is substantially-larger than anyone elses.

i'm not a stranger to community forums having admin'ed several related to off-road vehicles - which is another hobby of mine.
we also own one of the new smart cars so i've checked out those forums as well from time to time.

i tend to read a mix of fiction and non-fiction, travel essays about interesting places, alot of satirical fiction like JPOD, The Company, Syrup, etc.

some fav authors: chricton, thomas perry for the butcher's boy series, andrew vacchs, douglas coupland, max barry, augusten burroughs, stephen hunter, dave barry, dan savage, and alot of less established authors, travel essayists and non-fiction titles.
Rawlus--

Welcome to Kindleboards! Head on over to the Book Corner and start posting about your favorite books! We post about our favorites, about free books, bargain books and books we want Kindled! Sounds like you can make some great recommendations!

Betsy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts