Kindle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
I did find this site: http://cetl.edtech.csulb.edu/f451/, but I don't think you can actually download it to your Kindle. It looks like a read online thing. It appears to be fully endorsed by Bradbury and his publisher.

Update: I did check out the site. It is a read along. You click the page and get audio of Bradbury reading the text or you can read it without the sound. One little glitch, at least on my screen, if you view it at 100% size the bottom of the page is cut off. I had to scale it back to about 85%.

·
Registered
273 Posts
With Bradbury still writing and publishing I doubt we will find his stuff for free unless it is promotional.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I've been hoping for Bradbury's works to become e-books too. I read all of his books when I was a kid. He's a pretty forward thinking guy, I hope he'll talk to his publishers.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
tc said:
With Bradbury still writing and publishing I doubt we will find his stuff for free unless it is promotional.
I'd love to have it available to pay for it.

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
By some coincidence, I got the DVD of Ray Bradbury: An American Icon this morning via Netflix. Very interesting insights on his career, including stories of Bradbury and John Huston during the period that Bradbury was writing the script for Moby Dick.

He said that for much of his early writing, he was renting a typewriter at 10 cents a half hour in the basement of the local public library.

He's an interesting fellow. I'm going to dig out the stuff I have and re-read it. It's been far too long since I have had the pleasure.

Mike

1 - 11 of 11 Posts