Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't be confused by the word Amazon, the pricing is in US dollars not Brazilian Real.  But it does have to be real emoney, Amazon can spot an ecounterfeit a mile away.    ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
LOL! Cute. But what happened to my original post. ??? OK I'm real slow today.

Can anyone tell me why there are price differences on the Amazon Kindle Book site, for the same book?

I was looking and noticed several books with the same title, are different prices.

For example: Pride & Prejudice ranges from $1.49 to $4.70. The KBs vary, so I thought maybe some are abridged and others are unabridged. Then I noticed the KBs were sometimes higher for cheaper books, and visa versa.

Is it a publisher thing? Yes, I'm a noob.

I just don't want to get an abridged version of a book.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
It may not be an abridged version, the price may be reflective of different publishers.  B/c as I understand it, all books available on kindle are unabridged unless the description specifically states that it is an abridged copy.  So different publishers may value it differently.  However, before you pay anything for a Jane Austen book, you might want to check and see if it's available for free from somewhere like project gutenberg or manybooks.com or feedbooks.com.  I mean, why pay $1.50 when you could not pay anything for a legal copy?  ;D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks for the reply Robin.  I wouldn't buy it from Amazon, I think freebooks has it.  I just was noticing the price difference, and wanted to find out in the event I wanted a book that I couldn't find anywhere else and HAD to get it from Amazon.  Always good to know what's what. :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The price range on the public domain kbooks is just publishers trying to make a buck.  Maybe value added by formatting and book cover; maybe.

One warning here.  If you own an iphone/touch, the ebook from another source cannot be transferred to the iphone/touch with the new Amazon Kindle app.  If the kbook is from Amazon, you can read on both the Kindle and iphone/touch and stay in sync.  Thus you might want to check for a free version at Amazon first.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Thanks Dave for the info.  No itouch/iphone, so no problem with that here. 

1 - 7 of 7 Posts