Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK let's try this again LOL.

I posted this morning, it crashed just as I posted, still shows post but it is blank.

I got my Kindle2 last Tuesday, absolutely love it.  I originally purchased because since DH retired he is reading more than the already 6-8 hardcovers and countless paperbacks a month.  I thought the Kindle might save us money and space (not an inch of space left for another book here).  He resisted, said he did not want it, would not use it... "I need to touch, feel, smell a book" LOL.  I have not been able to get it back from him since Wednesday, he is hopelessly addicted.... soooooooooooo I had to order another Kindle2 for me on Friday.  We are a 2 Kindle family now, and will possibly need to add a third for teenage son.

I can't wait to finally be able to read a book on mine, should be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome DreamyOne, from another Illinoisan!

Glad your husband is enjoying his K2.  I have my DH my K1 last week when I received my K2, but so far he hasn't been sucked into Kindle-mania yet.  He wants to finish his current DTB first.  I would never have been able to handle the wait.  If he doesn't enjoy it, it is immediately going to a friend who will really appreciate it!

You'll have a lot of fun here -

Connie

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
lol Welcome to the KindleBoards!
Coming from a teen with a kindle (k1), the kindle is one of my favorite devices I have. I think your son would like if esp if he's a reader....just warning you, one-click can be (potentially) dangerous in the hands of a teen. I got grounded for purchasing about 100 bucks in kindlebooks on my mom's card (attached to my amazon account)

·
Registered
599 Posts
Welcome neighbor! I'm in MO :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.  I am anxiously awaiting our second Kindle 2.  I guess that one will go to hubby cause I have already downloaded an audio book and mp3's on mine, and I don't know how the heck I did it LOL.  As for the teen.. of all horrors, he is a very responsible kid and always asks permission (a rarity for sure).  I know this because I have to manage all of his video game subscriptions which are many LOL. 

Hey, I got the Kindle 2 for an hour today... not bad considering.

The new Kindle comes tomorrow... after that I believe I will name mine Ottilie, and hopefully she will be my constant companion, but I am not gonna hold my breath on that one.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Hi dreamyone - we have lots of kindle families here - so join the crowd  :D

Nice to have you here and there are lots of suggestions for DH to read in the Book Korner, free and reasonably priced (being retired we gotta watch those pennies  ;) )

1 - 7 of 7 Posts