Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, everyone.

My name is Kevis Hendrickson. I am the author of 2 books (The Legend of Witch Bane and Rogue Hunter (Chronicles of the Hunter) with several more on the way. Since joining Kindle Boards I have met a lot of interesting people and enjoyed the conversations we've had. I figured starting this thread will serve to reintroduce myself to the other members on this board.

I live in sunny Miami, Florida and enjoy reading, writing, listening to Heavy Metal Music, going to the movies, playing video games, watching football, and having a good drink (preferably a cold beer). I have a really wild and unfettered imagination that likes to get the best of me at times. But it gives me a really interesting (and sometimes macabre) sense of humor and feeds my stories with wonderful and unexpected sights and sounds.

Although I have been writing stories all of my life, I have spent many years attempting to be published the traditional route. Although I am quite sure that one or more of my books will eventually be published by one of the major NY publishing houses, I have taken great joy in being able to share my stories with the world via the route of POD publishing.

I am a fan of all genres, but primarily write fantasy and science fiction. My first book The Legend of Witch Bane, which was published in paperback in January of 2008 and then on Kindle 3 months ago, has gone on to sell almost 400 books. Readers have had nothing but praises to sing about The Legend of Witch Bane and I feel very honored to touch so many lives with my writing.

An interesting fact about me is that most of my stories feature women as the main characters. I love telling stories about women and find that they tend to create some of the most compelling characters for my books. It is interesting to see how the women in my books are tested and come up with unique ways of solving their problems as opposed to how the men in my stories resolve their issues.

About a month ago I published a science fiction adventure novel called Rogue Hunter. I have been working on this novel for quite some time and it holds a very special place in my heart especially since it is the first in a series of books featuring a female bounty hunter named Zyra Zanr who stole my heart from the very first day she walked onto the page of one of my spiral notebooks.

I invite everyone to take a look at my books and see if they are the kind of tales you enjoy reading. If you have any questions you can always contact me via PM or a simple post and I will respond. I want to thank everyone on KindleBoards for making this such a wonderful site for authors and non-authors alike. I hope those of you who decide to give my books a try enjoy the wonderful adventures I've cooked up for you!

Rogue Hunter (Chronicles of the Rogue Hunter)

The cover's still being worked on by the illustrator. I'll get it up as soon as it's done. Sorry!

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Thank you Kevis for the opportunity to know you better.  I do have your two books, but they are down on my list of TBR, promise they will get read soon.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I want to thank the Kindle Board members who took the time out of their busy schedules to write a review for The Legend of Witch Bane. When we authors put our works on display to be shared with the public, we never know exactly how they will be received. I cherish the opinions of my readers, even the naysayers, and value each and every single point of view. But of course, like any other author, I am moved when my book touches someone's life. I cannot thank you all enough.

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you're looking for a fun, action-packed read, you might want to check out my new sci-fi novel Rogue Hunter. It's currently available for only 99 cents. I invite you all to download your free sample and see if this book is for you. Thanks everyone and enjoy!

Rogue Hunter (Chronicles of the Rogue Hunter)

(Don't worry, folks. I'll get that book cover up soon.)

·
Registered
3,107 Posts

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Kevis,
I started The Legend of Witch Bane last night and it was really hard to put it down.
I've also looked at some of your other YA recommendations. The sample for the Persephane Pendrake book is pretty long and definitely pulls the reader into the story. I think I will be purchasing that one shortly.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Kevis - I have to apologize - I went to get these two books and I already have them and have not read them.  NEXT on the list!  I am reading a short one now.  They both really look good, don't know how they got buried in my 12+ pages of home.

I should read Witches first? then Rogue? or does it even matter?

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Andra said:
Kevis,
I started The Legend of Witch Bane last night and it was really hard to put it down.
I've also looked at some of your other YA recommendations. The sample for the Persephane Pendrake book is pretty long and definitely pulls the reader into the story. I think I will be purchasing that one shortly.
Andra,

I am really glad to hear that you are enjoying The Legend of Witch Bane. It really is the kind of story that just sucks you in. I'm a fan of stories that fully "immerse you into that other world". I would like to think that my story is of that pedigree. But if I am allowed to say it, I think most readers simply adore the kids in Witch Bane and find themselves wanting to protect them from the incredible dangers they face. I think this is where the line between fantasy and reality is blurred in my book. The end result, in my humble opinion, is a book that is darn near irresistable. Thanks for joining me on this adventure and please let me know how it goes.

As for Lady Ellen's Persephane Pendrake and the Cimaruta, you're going to be blown away when you read it!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Anju No. 469 said:
Kevis - I have to apologize - I went to get these two books and I already have them and have not read them. NEXT on the list! I am reading a short one now. They both really look good, don't know how they got buried in my 12+ pages of home.

I should read Witches first? then Rogue? or does it even matter?
Anju,

Hmm....That is a puzzle if there ever was one. Personally I think it comes down to whatever mood you're in. If you're thirsty for a blazingly fast-paced, rock'em sock'em insanely good space adventure a la Flash Gordon or Buck Rogers, then you should read Rogue Hunter. But if you are in the mood for an incredibly emotional and epic fantasy story, then by all means start with The Legend of Witch Bane. If you still can't decide, I think you should flip a coin. Ultimately, it really doesn't matter which book you read first. Personally, I'm just happy you're going to give my books a try. I have a feeling you're going to enjoy them both immensely!

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am proud to officially announce the publication of my second novel Rogue Hunter. Although Rogue Hunter has been available for purchase for a few weeks, I have done my best to avoid talking about it until I got my book cover completed. Well, as promised, here it is! If a tall, gorgeous blonde in tight leather and lingerie doesn't get you excited about my book, then maybe I should mention that there's some hot action waiting for you in this sizzling page-turner. (Get your mind out of the gutter! ;D) Anyway, I hope you guys decide to check it out. Rogue Hunter has officially arrived and yours truly is happy to present it to you!!!

(Yes, that double take was indeed necessary!) Download your sample of Rogue Hunter (Chronicles of the Rogue Hunter) today and prepare to be blown away!!!

1 day book sale: 99 cents! (or at least until Amazon catches their mistake!!!)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Hi Kevis, I just purchased the Legend of witch Bane and I am looking forward to reading it. It's now on my TBR list. My list isn't as long as some others so I will be reading it soon.

Thanks for the great price, also can you tell me how many pages this book is? Just curious, Thanks again can't wait to read your book.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hi Koolmnbv,

Thanks for purchasing Witch Bane. I am sure you enjoyed the sample otherwise you would have passed on it. All I can say is that it's a very intense book and full of surprises!

As for the page count of my books, it's difficult to translate the page count from other media to a kindle book. But the word count of Rogue Hunter is about 100,000 words. On the other hand, The Legend of Witch Bane is approximately 120,000 words. If my guess is right, Rogue Hunter is about 300 pages long compared to The Legend of Witch Bane which in print is 330 pages. I don't like my books to run much longer. I think an author should say what he has to say then know when to leave the room. And trust me, I know when to leave the room!

1 day book sale: 99 cents! (or at least until Amazon catches their mistake!!!)

1 - 20 of 161 Posts