Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
The terrifying note accompanying the request for uploading my FINAL version of my e-book or risk losing pre-sale opportunities for the next year has me worried.

I forgot to put in the ISBN number and there are a few typos, spelling, and grammar errors I have found since uploading it! Grr... I can never find them all.

The question is... Can I upload a newer version without voiding that? I have clicked the button under "To enable pre-order for your book, at this time you must submit the final version of your book file. This is the final version of my book for release." It's still 10 days until anyone can actually download it.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Sincerely,
Rob

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
The email should say "Your final draft is due by X date" 
As long as you upload it before then, you should be fine.

I did that two days ago, but my final date is the 19th and it was back matter that wouldn't have made a difference.

Just upload your new document and select "final version" or however it's phrased. (NOT the "draft" version.) Then submit like you would normally.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response,  dianapersaud,
My "by X date" was last night. That's my concern. If I upload another version does that void the previous days on-time submission? I'll submit a question in to KDP, I guess and beg forgiveness. Or I can just re-upload after the release date, but then anyone who buys it pre-sale or on the first day will have a copy with more errors--errors I now know exist!
Rob

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found this. It seems to imply that I can make adjustments up to 3 days before the release date? Am I reading this right?

"Warning: Your final version must be uploaded at least 10 days before the release date you set, with the last day for upload starting at midnight, U.S. Eastern time. For example, if you were releasing a book on September 20, you would need to upload it before midnight Eastern time on September 9. Delivering your book on schedule is required for you to retain access to pre-order. You will not be able to update your book 3 days before the release date. If you delay or cancel a pre-order book, you will be unable to list any book for pre-order for one year."

1 - 4 of 4 Posts