Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Kindleboarders! "Read an Ebook Week" kicked off today at Smashwords (an official RAEW sponsor), where we're listing over 360 FREE or deep-discounted ebooks from indie authors. Across the site, we list coupon codes for 100% off, 50% and 25% off on participating titles. The promotion ends at midnight Pacific time on March 14.

Click here for the direct link to the catalog: http://www.smashwords.com/books/category/1/newest/1

All the books are available in .mobi format for your Kindle. Just connect your Kindle to your computer via your USB cable and download. Even for books that carry a price, you can often read up to 50% of the book for free so you can try before you buy.

Ebook authors: To learn how to include your ebooks in our RAEW promotional catalog (it's free to publish with Smashwords, and free to participate in this opt-in promotion), click here: http://www.smashwords.com/dashboard/sitewidePromos

If you enjoy the books, please do what you can to support the hard work of our authors. Come back and buy their books, or tell your friends about their books.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I think this should be bumped - or maybe even in the free book thread.  ;)

·
Registered
856 Posts
I download quite a few books from here. THANK YOU!!!!
I even managed to get them onto Ladybug with mobipocket.....I was a little leery of trying it but I went back and read threads in tips, tricks and troubleshooting.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Ebook week! Free books! Check out the Kindleboards blog for more links and more freebies!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
ladyknight33 said:
Leslie,

I did check out the blog...clicked on several sites. The problem now is what to read next :D
Download and save! They are here now but won't go away once they are on your Kindle!

L

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I just transferred 27 books to my Kindle that I mostly d/l over the past 2 days from the various "ebook week" promotions. That's only a tiny fraction of what's available, but I'm getting a lot more particular on what I'm getting, even when it's free. There's a TON of stuff available, never know what pearls you'll find! :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
stinsmom said:
Do you have to transfer via USB and Mobi or can you just email them to your Kindle?
As long as it is one of the formats that Amazon supports, you should be able to email it to your Kindle.

L

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
You could probably email them after downloading; I've never tried that as I prefer to make sure first that the metadata is correct, and to manually transfer them myself. I'm weird that way. ;)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Thanks!  I just tried emailing and it worked.  I don't have my USB with me at work and I'm being naughty by downloading books anyway!  ;)

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Not that anyone else would ever do that...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts