Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!

I wonder if you can help me. I've got a series of books, and lately one woman has been reading them one after the other and writing the most fantastic reviews on Amazon. I guess she really likes my books. And then today she sent me a friend request on Facebook. I accepted, and was about to write her a message thanking her so much for liking my work...when I stopped. I know there are methods Amazon has to figure out who I know and don't know online. This is how reviews from friends and family disappear on Amazon (and I do agree that reviews should really only be written by people an author doesn't know). If I message her, and we keep messaging each other, will Amazon somehow think that we are now friends, and, more to the point, will her reviews all disappear? What do you think? Has anybody had any experience with this? Please help!!

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
It is hard to say since Amazon and Facebook change their rules when they want to. If you want to be careful, you would be wise to not accept friends that read your books. However, you might be safe so you will have to give it some thought.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I've tried to avoid this by having a separate author page on Facebook, although I do have some actual friends who read my books too. I know quite a few of the people who have liked my author page leave reviews regularly, and I haven't experienced any problems with that, in fact it wouldn't make sense if it did cause problems.
I don't usually accept friend requests on my main Facebook account from people I don't know personally in some way.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many thanks for your replies! Yes, I have an author page on Facebook too, and maybe I should direct her to that. I do know many people who liked my author page have left reviews with no problems, so I'm guessing that's fine. Who knows if Amazon can somehow differentiate between who has friended me on my personal page vs. my author page. I guess I'll just have to wait and see...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
This is not something to worry about. If you send her a gift card through Amazon then she won't be able to review. But just being your FB friend, not an issue.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Justawriter said:
This is not something to worry about. If you send her a gift card through Amazon then she won't be able to review. But just being your FB friend, not an issue.
Ahh, fantastic! Thanks so much, Justawriter! :)

·
Registered
7,615 Posts
The belief I've seen is that having them like your personal page is what Amazon has problems with, not an author page. I personally would not allow likes on any page I thought Amazon might look at. But, I'm cautious. Why give them a reason to remove reviews, or block an account, if you don't have to?

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
unkownwriter said:
The belief I've seen is that having them like your personal page is what Amazon has problems with, not an author page. I personally would not allow likes on any page I thought Amazon might look at. But, I'm cautious. Why give them a reason to remove reviews, or block an account, if you don't have to?
Yeah, that is not true, even remotely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts