Kindle Forum banner

What is your ONE Favorite Fiction Ebook Genre you usually buy?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
daringnovelist said:
You don't have SF in there. (My favorite is mystery, but not having sf seems like a glaring error.)

Camille
Was going to say the same thing. Bugs me when people lump the two together. While there is certainly overlap in the two fan bases, many tend to gravitate towards one or the other as a primary, then read the other to a lesser degree (obviously not all, but this seems to be the norm IME).

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Um, maybe it would have been a better idea to post this someplace that most readers frequent.

There have been polls like this done in the past, not sure if one has been conducted this year or not but you can check.

That said, you left out science fiction. Sci Fi and Fantasy are my two favorite genres. I love them equally.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
jackz4000 said:
Sci-Fi. Don't know why I let that one get by. Thought I had Fantasy/Science Fiction. Maybe it can be added? Dunno.

The Mod told me to put it in the W. Cafe.
Hmmm, it might be because some readers hate the idea of being used as an online focus or polling group by authors.

There was a time when you would see a thread asking for reader's input or a poll every day in the Book Corner

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
I don't want to sidetrack the survey, but since the question has been asked...

Our membership has been pretty clear that they prefer to discuss books, authors, and genres in the Book Corner.  Marketing type surveys in the Corner result in a flurry of reports... As the Cafe is NOT just for authors, and since, in addition, many readers have said they'd like to see threads here in the Cafe other than discussions of sales reports and cover critiques  ;) we thought this was the best place for the survey.

As for me, I like a whole lot of different genres, but Mystery/Thrillers are my favorites.

Thanks,

Betsy
KB Moderator

·
Registered
982 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
I don't want to sidetrack the survey, but since the question has been asked...

Our membership has been pretty clear that they prefer to discuss books, authors, and genres in the Book Corner. Marketing type surveys in the Corner result in a flurry of reports... As the Cafe is NOT just for authors, and since, in addition, many readers have said they'd like to see threads here in the Cafe other than discussions of sales reports and cover critiques ;) we thought this was the best place for the survey.

As for me, I like a whole lot of different genres, but Mystery/Thrillers are my favorites.

Thanks,

Betsy
KB Moderator
Don't forget blurb critiques. ;)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
My favourite genre isn't there: paranormal thriller romance crime sci-fi written by dwarves on Ritalin.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts