Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Harvey!  Can you make an option on each post to start at the beginning?  It takes a while to go to the last page and and scroll to find the beginning.  I didn't know how else to submit this suggestion.  Thanks!

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
If you go to your Profile, under the options of the Looks and Layout options you can customize it to start in the order you prefer. Hope this helps. :)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
You can also use "Show Unread Posts Since Last Visit" near the top of each KBoards page, it will show you each topic with posts you haven't read.  Then, on the individual subject, click on the little "new" icon, it will take you to the first unread post in that topic.  If you haven't read any, it will be the first post in the topic.

Also, within the topic, there are page numbers and "Go Down" at the top of each topic page above the posts.  You can click on the first page and then "go Down" if needed to get to the bottom of the page if that's where you need to go.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Kinda similar......I'd like to be able to put my cursor on the thread title and see the first few sentences of the post.......to better decide if I'm interested in reading it. Just my opinion. Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
There's also a "new" next to any thread in a forum that has new posts since you were last there.

For suggestions and comments, there's a dedicated forum at Forum Central (scroll down). (I'll be moving this thread there as it is more apropros)

And, yes, definitely play with the settings available under "my profile".

Ann
<also. . .good titling to threads helps! :D>

·
Registered
97 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Also, within the topic, there are page numbers and "Go Down" at the top of each topic page above the posts. You can click on the first page and then "go Down" if needed to get to the bottom of the page if that's where you need to go.

Betsy
Thank you for this tip! I never knew what "Go Down" and "Go Up" meant and always used keyboard shortcuts to navigate to the top and bottom of a page.

·
Registered
60 Posts
How about putting the original post in a thread first then go from the most recent.  it is kind of trouble some to go back and forth from the original post then to the newest post. 
Thanks

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Don't believe that is going to be possible, sorting is either all or nothing, sorry.

Once you've caught up a bit, you won't need to check out the first post quite so often, although I sometimes do if I've forgotten what started the thread! 

When I need to do it, I read the "new" posts first, then check out the original post(s).  You can use the page numbers on the top of the posts in each thread to go to page 1, or the last page, depending on which way you've got it sorted, then use the Home or End keys to go to the first post, again depending on how you've got them sorted.  (I keep new posts at the top, so I would use the last page number (one click) and then "End" (a key stroke) and a "page up" (a key stroke) to get to the first post, since "End" takes me all the way to the bottom of the page.

Then I would use the "back" button on my browser to go back to where I started with the new posts.

Hope this helps, because I don't think we can do the other, and we appreciate you being an active KindleBoards member!

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
Here's what I do.  My profile is set so that newest threads are first.  I go to a forum and go to the last post that has the little 'new' icon.  I click the icon and read the thread.  When I'm done I click 'previous' at the top or bottom of the board and go to the next newest.  If I post in a thread, I have it set to then show my post in that thread.  Then I go to 'jump to' and go back to the last post with a 'new' icon and continue on.  Once I'm done that forum I go to the next one I'm interested in.

If you're having trouble figuring an order you might want to set your profile and change some settings to see if things work differently for you.

Ann

·
Registered
426 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
Kinda similar......I'd like to be able to put my cursor on the thread title and see the first few sentences of the post.......to better decide if I'm interested in reading it. Just my opinion. Thanks!
I'd like this too. I have a few other boards where I can 'hover' to see the first few lines of text before deciding to open the thread.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I've seen that on other boards, too, which had clearly different software than we're using.  Don't know if it's possible here.

Betsy

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
DawnOfChaos said:
I'd like this too. I have a few other boards where I can 'hover' to see the first few lines of text before deciding to open the thread.
Unfortunately, that's not a feature of our particular forum software.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
Here's what I do. My profile is set so that newest threads are first. I go to a forum and go to the last post that has the little 'new' icon. I click the icon and read the thread. When I'm done I click 'previous' at the top or bottom of the board and go to the next newest. If I post in a thread, I have it set to then show my post in that thread. Then I go to 'jump to' and go back to the last post with a 'new' icon and continue on. Once I'm done that forum I go to the next one I'm interested in.

If you're having trouble figuring an order you might want to set your profile and change some settings to see if things work differently for you.

Ann
Ann has posted this once before many moons ago and I have been following her example ever since. It has worked very well for me (thanks, Ann).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts