Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to read my Kindle out by the pond so I can listen to the splash of the water and the birds taking baths.  I can glance down and watch the fish swim lazily by.

Since the Kindle can be read in sunlight, it can be read just about anywhere we like to sit outside.

Yesterday when I was working in the yard and topping off the ponds and bog gardens, I read my Kindle when I took a break from doing other things.  It is a nice way to rest for a while.

So do you like to read outside?

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I'm jealous!

I'm in Texas...90% of the year it's either too hot or too cold to do anything outside (although we did have a surprisingly nice spring). Right now it's too hot!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I love to read outside, especially in the spring and early summer before it gets too hot outside. Love to hear the sounds of nature. When it gets too hot to be outside or too many bugs, I read in our sunroom, which has very comfy furniture to sit and read. Then I can still enjoy the nature sounds but have a fan blowing on me at the same time!

·
Registered
356 Posts
For whatever reason, I haven't read much outside.  However, this summer we're going to beat the heat by erecting a pergola over the patio, and that even comes with mosquito netting.  THEREFORE . . . I think I might try reading the Kindle outside! 

But first I need the school year and all its attendant responsibilities to end . . . .

Julia

·
Registered
35 Posts
I love to sit on the patio and read and I do it all summer.  Next month we head to the coast of Maine and I will listen to the seagulls and the waves.  Love it!  Could do without the crows though!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I used to love reading outside....then my darn hubby moved me to Florida....now it's to doggone hot and humid to sit out reading. I did try a few times before it got so hot but I have neighbors who are "snowbirds" and they made so much noise I couldn't concentrate. I want to move to the Alaskan wilderness with my Kindle...no neighbors and cooler temps!
You do make it sound so nice to be sitting out by your pond....what's the address, again??? LOL.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
I always have.  I used to sit out on my front porch with paperbacks and stuff when I was younger.  These days I don't get the chance as much as I used to.

·
Registered
655 Posts
I love to read outside, but living on an Australian farm, there's a limited time of year where it's still warm enough to sit out and there's not a cloud of flies to bother me.  :'(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts