Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Again -- Still Waiting --

What is the best kind of reading chair to have? I am retired and find that I tend to nod off when I try to read depending on the time of day.  I used to be such an avid reader, but I must confess that the computer and internet got me away from my first love.  What kind of chair do you use? 

ZU

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I have a recliner with a good reading lamp behind it and it is two steps from my computer.  When I rest from reading I can check out these boards.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Like Dori I read in my recliner with a light over my shoulder.  The recliner is the most comfortable chair in the house, and my cat can lay on my legs without interrupting my reading.  It's where I spent most of this weekend, getting acquainted with Bibi (my new Kindle).    ;D

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
My 26 lb miniature schnauzer Sparky lays in my chair beside me or when he decides to sprawl across my lap he makes a great rest for my Kindle in its portfolio cover.

I should mention however, that my doctor recommended that I sit only in wing back chairs for more back support. 

·
Registered
300 Posts
I read while sitting in my comfy Lazy Boy with a Verilux Natural Daylight Floor Lamp over my shoulder. Most time there is either the cat or dog OR both napping on my lap.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Now that the cold weather is here, on the coach with the dog, she's too big for both of us in the wing chair

I can read anyplace any time.

Thinking of getting a ski outfit so I can sit out side and read my kindle and let the dog run around.

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
Well, there's my end of the sofa and my husband's end.  Mine has a lamp with a full spectrum bulb in it and a table with note paper and writing implement as well as a place to put down my drink.  I also have a lap desk.  So the TV is on and when the commercials come I read or play on the computer.  My computer is one of the small Sony Vaio's so it and my Kindle can share the lap desk if needed.  I TOTALLY multitask  :D

I do get up at least every 15 minutes and walk upstairs and come back down just 'cause.  Or move the laundry or re-fil my drink or something.

Ann

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Chaise lounge or bed for me. A table next to each for my beverage of choice and a nice reading lamp. Before the weather got cool I loved reading and napping in my hammock!

Linda

·
Registered
364 Posts
I have to agree with all those who said a recliner, to me it my recliner is my  favorite seat in the house.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Recliner, bed with one of those armchair pillows, dining room table, living room couch, throne room, planes, trains and automobiles  ...  in other words, anyplace I sit, I read. 

I

·
0 Posts
So far, I have been using my couch.  I even put a lamp in there so I can read at night.  Usually I use natural light from the window until it's too dark. 

I pull a light blanket up on me and Fuzzy will often sit on my stomach as I read.  I I get sleepy, we will all doze off for a while.

I can read here in my bed as well but I like the couch because it's away from the distractions of my computer and TV.  It's a nice change.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I generally read in 4 places in my house -

My recliner
In bed at night
The dining table
Camping recliner on my deck

B

·
0 Posts
Here are some pictures of our library. Mine is the recliner on the left. (Fixed, I hate swivel recliners.) LR's in the oversized monster on the right with the ottoman.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I have something different in each of the 3 rooms I read in.
1) the living room is the couch with a big ottoman.
2) my office, when it happens to be quiet enough, I have a chaise lounge.
3) the florida room I have a recliner, I can read and look at the pool. I call it my sanctuary. ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I read in my recliner or my bed and always accompanied by at least one of my three cats. I also like to read in the car...with my hubby driving, of course.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
In the living room it is either the couch with big ottoman or overstuffed arm chair. Both overlook patio and pool.
On the patio, it is the family size hammock.
In the gameroom it is the sofa piled with pillows.
Bedroom, the bed of course.
And that is just my normal spots!!

Like gertiek, I read just about anywhere!!  :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have a rocking chair and a light in a corner of the livingroom. I also read in my daughters bed, as I have to lay with her to get her to sleep. And then in my bed when she actually does fall asleep.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I wish I had space for a recliner!  I have a pair of overstuffed armchairs that I inherited from my Great-Aunts that have nice hassocks.  I call them my comfy chairs, one in the computer room and one in the living room.  Good back support, encourages better posture (I need that), doesn't usually encourage me to sleepiness, and I can have my laptop on my lap or a book in my hand and still have a cat with me.  Only thing I could wish for is something with a higher back for neck support when I sit back.  I also have a papa-san-type chair that folds up and stores in the attic or back bedroom, I like to pull that out to curl up in when I'm watching football or a movie.  Now that I think of it, I think I'll have it out more often to Kindle in! 

Katiekat

1 - 20 of 127 Posts