Kindle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was mentioned in passing in another thread, but I thought it was interesting enough to have its own topic. What percentage of time that you spend reading with your Kindle do you spend reading Kindleboards? For instance, if you spend 1 hour a day reading with the Kindle, and 15 minutes a day reading Kindleboards, then it is 25%.

I estimate I spend 40% - 50% of my Kindle reading time also reading these boards.

Steve

·
Registered
326 Posts
For me its about 5% KB and 95% Kindle. That can change though cause im not always able to read so when i am i read like crazy.

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Probably 75% KB and 25% Kindle.

I can't bring my Kindle to work so when I have down time, I am reading the boards. If I could bring my Kindle to work, that number would be very different.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
ProfCrash said:
Probably 75% KB and 25% Kindle.

I can't bring my Kindle to work so when I have down time, I am reading the boards. If I could bring my Kindle to work, that number would be very different.
This is me too! I bring Anabel to work and she sits on my desk and keeps my company, but I can't read her until I head for home. But I can sneak onto KB many times during the day. If the company would block KB, they would get a lot more productivity from me.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Recently I've been spending a lot more time waiting for "my turn" with our Kindle - my husband has become an ardent Kindler (much to his surprise). I have a feeling this isn't something he'll be getting over anytime soon, LOL. My best hope, I think, is that V2 Kindle will come out in time to be the perfect birthday gift for me.

I usually spend about an hour on KB on most days. I manage to get a hour each morning reading NYTimes on our K (I get up extra early so I can claim it first), an hour or so at night reading a DTB (waiting for my turn when MDH finally drifts off to sleep ... which doesn't count) and another hour catching up on one of my Kindle books by the light of my E-Luminator. So, probably 30% KB and 70% Kindle (I think that's right, but I'm a reader, not a mathematician).

Guess I shouldn't have showed him how to log on to KB, click through to Amazon and download  new books for himself (Whispernet access might actually have been worse!) ... but it seemed like such a good idea at the time  ???

Glynnis

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
WAY too much time on KB and not enough on the kindle - probably 75 - 25%  :eek:

But there is so much interesting stuff on the KB  ;D

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Probably way more time than I should be judging from my post count...though, the majority of my posts were early on before we were well over 200 members here on KB...when it was easier to keep up here :p

·
Registered
68 Posts
During the day I am reading Kindle Boards, at night I am reading Kindle.  I would say 40% Kindle Boards and 60% Kindle.  I don't want to miss out on any interesting discussions, facts, free books etc.

Judy

·
Registered
137 Posts
tessa said:
... I don't sleep to well so I'm up half the night reading
I know what you mean, Tessa, but isn't it great to be able to read just what you want when you're awake at those odd hours? I love being able to download the NY Times in the wee hours (I'm in Pacific time zone), long before the delivery person has even thought about getting up for our local DTN (dead tree newspaper), or downloading just the right book for my mood at the moment. Kindle = the insomniac's new best friend :)

Glynnis

·
Registered
473 Posts
I don't have my Kindle yet, so I can't give a percentage.
But I am really glad I found these boards now, so I can spend as much time as I like here!
And not feel guilty, that I am not reading with my Kindle!
Kinder does not arrive, until the end of Feb.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Anju said:
WAY too much time on KB and not enough on the kindle - probably 75 - 25% :eek:

But there is so much interesting stuff on the KB ;D
Me too! I like to be able to curl up with my Kindle for prolonged periods, like at least half an hour or more, so if I think I only have 15 minutes, I think: oh, I'll just check KB and see what's new. Then, an hour later, I think: I could've been reading a book! Oh, well. Either way, it's fun!

N :)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Lately it has been about 5% KB and 95% K. I used to spend a whole lot more time here but went out of town for nearly two weeks over the holidays and really bonded with K during that time  :)  I seem to be noticing this happening with other folks as well.....initially we post like crazy and haunt KB but over time that seems to slow down a lot. Many of the 'old' regulars post only occasionally now. I miss them. And also....after two or three months of discussing skins and covers and purses there doesn't seem to be much more to say. Sorry Betsy. I know that is blasphemous. I still enjoy KB but now I am enjoying the K a lot more.

G

·
I have no idea how my time splits up.  Not only do I post a lot here and read as much as I can here I also spend hours in the chat room when there's a good crowd in there.

On a normal nonwork day, I wake up, read the boards for a bit until I get hungry.  Then I read my Kindle until I fall asleep again, on the couch.  I wake up get a snack and then check out the boards for a while and see if anyone is in chat.  Then it's back to the couch and the Kindle.

I don't usually read my Kindle in the bed room.  Too many Kindles die in bed rooms.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
I too have been away a few days, and it's near to impossible to catch up. 
I have found that I'm actually spending more of my time searching for books at the various sites I've learned about on the boards.  Since it is impossible to completely catch up on what's been going on, I have tried to catch up on book klub posts, the various bargain book posts, recommended by readers, and of course, one of my favorites, the Good Morning Thread. 
debbie

1 - 17 of 17 Posts