Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just downloaded Calibre onto my computer. I want to open the manual that comes with it but my computer cannot open it. Can someone let me know the procedure that is needed? I've been trying to search the board but there seems to be a million different posts. Thanks in advance.

Jim

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Yep, if this is the Calibre Quick Start Guide which is automatically in Calibre when you install it, just double-click on it to open it.

Alternatively, when you select it, the right hand pane shows Formats: EPUB - click on this to open it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Jim NS3K said:
When I click the E-Pub link it will not open. It's looking for a program to open the file.

Thanks,

Jim
Hmm, that's curious, I'm sure Calibre set this up correctly for me when I first installed it, though I did have to manually set up the Windows association so that I could open a book directly from Windows Explorer.

Anyway, when it asks you for a program, navigate to wherever Calibre installed itself (Program Files\Calibre2 or Program Files (x86)\Calibre2 possibly, it varies with the PC operating system, and look for ebook-viewer.exe. This is calibre's built-in viewer.

If you need more help, let us know what version of Windows (and if Windows 7, is it 64-bit) and I'll try to help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts