Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reading Wally Lamb's new book on my Kindle & loving it.  I do have a question though-after several pages of excepts from newspaper, diaries & things that were written in column form my reading pane has not reverted back to full screen.  Is this normal or maybe just has to do with the formatting of this book?  Prior to the "journal" entries I had  full pages.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
It sounds like a format command was given to put it into column mode and the end format command was left out or corrupted or something so it's stayed in column mode. I presume you've switched to a different book and get full screen elsewhere. If you've tried a different book and only get column mode in it as well I'd say you need to call CS.

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
I would try a soft reset (Alt-Shift-R) and if that doesn't work, a hard reset with the paperclip in the hole under the battery cover.  Make sure it is plugged in when you do this.

Betsy

·
Registered
108 Posts
Betsyam said:
I am reading Wally Lamb's new book on my Kindle & loving it. I do have a question though-after several pages of excepts from newspaper, diaries & things that were written in column form my reading pane has not reverted back to full screen. Is this normal or maybe just has to do with the formatting of this book? Prior to the "journal" entries I had full pages.
I would definitely say it's your kindle..I'm reading the same book, and mine goes back to regular mode as soon as the excerpts are done.

G

·
Before going through resets, I'd try changing font sizes first to see if it goes back to normal that way.  It may or may not solve the problem.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the suggestions!  I FIXED it!  I went back to chapter 8 where the excerpts were indented to the far right & everything else was written normally & then paged on through until I got to my place.  It must have been some weird kind of annoying hiccup!  All my old bookmarked spots past chapter 8 are still indented-I just won't go to one of them!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Betsyam said:
Thanks for the suggestions! I FIXED it! I went back to chapter 8 where the excerpts were indented to the far right & everything else was written normally & then paged on through until I got to my place. It must have been some weird kind of annoying hiccup! All my old bookmarked spots past chapter 8 are still indented-I just won't go to one of them!
Excellent! Thanks for the update. This is how we all learn.

L

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.