Kindle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been trying to send PDF books from my personal computer to my Kindle. but when i open the files it displays blank pages with zero content. are there encryption issues or barriers against certain sources for my PDFs?
when i got my Kindle for Christmas i synced all previous account info (kindle books and PDFs) from my iPhone and Kindle for PC. All previously attained PDF books opened up fine and i read all the pages. but when i started using the "send to kindle" option for newly acquired PDFs i would see blank pages on my kindle. can anybody help me?!

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, IniBabyGabriel!

Hmm....if they're from the same source as you were using before, I would think they would work.  Have you tried sending the same newly acquired documents to Kindle for PC using Send to Kindle?  Do they open there?

Try restarting the Kindle and see what happens--hold the power button until the Fire shuts down...then start it up again.  That actually cures a lot of ills.

Betsy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well restarting the kindle didn't work  :-\ the PDF book is from www.ebookbrowse.com When i synced my account info to my kindle during its setup, some of the PDFs were from that same site and they opened up fine. the "send to kindle" option only applies to hand-held devices ( i think maybe because the PDF can already be read on adobe on my laptop). i sent the newly acquired PDF book to my "kindle for iPhone" and it opened up perfectly as usual. so i don't understand what i have to do to recreate the outcome from when i first synced my account info and was reading my previous PDF books on my Kindle  ???

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
IniBabyGabriel said:
well restarting the kindle didn't work :-\ the PDF book is from www.ebookbrowse.com When i synced my account info to my kindle during its setup, some of the PDFs were from that same site and they opened up fine. the "send to kindle" option only applies to hand-held devices ( i think maybe because the PDF can already be read on adobe on my laptop). i sent the newly acquired PDF book to my "kindle for iPhone" and it opened up perfectly as usual. so i don't understand what i have to do to recreate the outcome from when i first synced my account info and was reading my previous PDF books on my Kindle ???
Which Kindle do you have?

Betsy

·
Super Moderator
67,396 Posts
IniBabyGabriel said:
well restarting the kindle didn't work :-\ the PDF book is from www.ebookbrowse.com When i synced my account info to my kindle during its setup, some of the PDFs were from that same site and they opened up fine. the "send to kindle" option only applies to hand-held devices ( i think maybe because the PDF can already be read on adobe on my laptop). i sent the newly acquired PDF book to my "kindle for iPhone" and it opened up perfectly as usual. so i don't understand what i have to do to recreate the outcome from when i first synced my account info and was reading my previous PDF books on my Kindle ???
"Send to Kindle" will send a PDF to a kindle, or to a kindle app for mobile device. It will NOT work for your computer because, as you surmise, it's not needed to read something already on your computer. Doesn't really matter if the file in question is a PDF or a compatible format for conversion. Though StK does NOT convert PDF; it just sends it as is.

My understanding is any current kindles do have a PDF reader, but not as fully featured as might be available on a computer or even on a smartphone or tablet.

I don't know about kindle apps for mobile devices, but a Kindle brand device won't open anything that has non Amazon DRM. . .so if the PDF is somehow copy protected, that could be your problem.

I'll also note that the site you reference, appears to have "in copyright" titles available at no cost. That says to me it's a pirate site -- the authors have not authorized 'no charge' distribution of their works -- so I'd never use it. In addition to probable copyright violation, it's possible the files are corrupt and could introduce mal-ware to your computer.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
My understanding is any current kindles do have a PDF reader, but not as fully featured as might be available on a computer or even on a smartphone or tablet.
That's an understatement.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i have the Amazon Kindle. just the Kindle. but from these posts i see that this is a copyright issue. thank you for enlightening me

1 - 7 of 7 Posts