Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is is possible to read the same book on my K1 and K2,and have it save the page I leave off at on both??
Meaning if I read up to page 82 of the book on my K1,and want to resume reading from there on my K2 will it work??
I am thinking it probably won't,but thought I'd ask.
I hope my question makes sense lol
*goes looking for some coffee*

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
It should work, but I have never gotten the WhisperSync to work properly between my two Kindles, though it works great on my Kindle and iPhone.

You need to have WhisperSync enabled in your Amazon.com account. Log into your account, choose Manage My Kindle. All the way at the bottom of the screen you need to choose this link: Manage synchronization between devices. At the right of the next screen, you will see a box that tells you if synchronization is on for your devices. If it is not, click the button to turn it on.

Obviously, you will need to have WhisperNet on on both Kindles for it to sync. Sometimes, you may need to choose Sync in the settings. As you go from one Kindle to the other, it should pop up with a message that you have read farther on the other device, and do you want to go to that location on this device. However, as I mentioned earlier, it's just not working for me between my Kindles (yet).

·
Registered
6,126 Posts
I've also had problems when I read a book for the second time.  It keeps insisting that the furthest location read is the last location in the book from the time that I finished it...
But other than that, I get prompted as I move between devices once the synchronize is turned on.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You will be transferring your book from your Kindle 1 to your Kindle 2 I guess? Well I guess and hope you can as its just running on same program unless its reset.

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice :)
It does work between my Kindles,however, my iPod Touch doesn't want to cooperate lol That's ok though reading too long on my Touch bothers my eyes :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts