Kindle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so ready for a break from this cold weather.  I have about 5 more weeks before I get to leave for spring vacation in Key West, Florida.  I was there once in October and twice in December, but sure seems likes it's been longer.  I'm ready for some good deep sea fishing and great weather!  Anyone else have any plans?

·
Registered
695 Posts
Sounds like fun!

I'm going to have my first camping trip of the year in about a month.  It's just an overnighter but I'm totally looking forward to it.  Then will only have 2 months to wait for my big camping trip!

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
My spring plans involve all the grandkids coming to spend the week with me. There won't be any trips to the rent our favorite beach house this year since Hurricane Ike destroyed it and all those houses around it on Bolivar Peninsula. Maybe next year!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I am not going anywhere...sigh.

My daughter is going to Biloxi, Mississippi to help build houses with Habitat for Humanity during her spring break in April.

L

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I'm going to N.J. for my father's 90th birthday.  I usually travel in August, but this is obviously a special occasion. 

It's always fun to see my cousins. 

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
We're going to Tallahassee at the end of March. . .daughter of our good friends is giving her junior recital in oboe and bassoon.  I'm hoping to bring some of that 'warm' back north with us. . . .

Ann

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We are finally getting some warmer weather here in MO.  It's supposed to get up in the mid 60's today and almost 70 tomorrow. That will all change again next week when we will probably drop back down in the teens and 20's.  I manage to sneak out of here 5-6 weeks a year down to Florida.  Unfortunately, only a about 3 of those weeks are during the winter time, but I'll take what I can get.  I love to deep sea fish, but only get to do that 2-3 times a year.  I only do the catch and release thing but it's fun.  Just wish I could do it more often.

·
Registered
860 Posts
We're having a Staycation this year.  No $$$ for travel - had to buy a new washer unexpectedly.  Maybe we'll learn to appreciate where we live...  :(

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
KindleMom said:
We're having a Staycation this year. No $$$ for travel - had to buy a new washer unexpectedly. Maybe we'll learn to appreciate where we live... :(
My daughters are both grown so I don't have to worry about AEA. I know here there are so many free things we can do in the Spring and Summer here. We have a state park, $3 per person with fun things, hiking, biking, petting zoo. Museums, parks for picnics. Hopefully you will be able to do fun, free things with your kids.

This economy is tough on all of us.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
Its already warm here and I have no where to go, but i have prepared a list of books and movies to read/watch...then I also have a lot of catch to do with my semester long assignment....meanwhile babysitting whatever number of cousins that come my way

1 - 13 of 13 Posts