Kindle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Question - what is the Archive thing that you mentioned?

I guess they stopped making K1s in December. If you have a problem now, I guess you will get a K2 replacement.

Since they didn't include folders, there must be some technological reason why not. This was the #1 request for improvements on all the lists. They wouldn't have ignored it if there wasn't some big problem.

Steve

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I could live without a SD card, even though I put music and photos on it. 2G would do for now, but not forever. I could live without the replaceable memory. I would probably upgrade to K4 before the battery gives out. But with no folders, I have no reason to upgrade. Yes the text to speech is cool and with be an enormous help to blind folks who want to read, but will be marginally helpful to most people. I wanted a reason to upgrade. The thinner design is nice, but I'm not thrilled with the larger footprint. It seems to be about the same weight, so all they did was rearrange the parts to get a different form factor. Faster page turns are nice, but I'm used to the K1's turns, so its not a big deal for me. I really wanted to upgrade, but they just didn't give me a good reason to do it.

Steve

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Heatherly said:
I have a complaint! My Kindle broke LAST NIGHT! What sort of Limbo Land have I just arrived at? :eek: My right hand "next page" button is inoperable. Booo hooo! I have not called them yet, I am scared to hear the prognosis.
I am sorry that your K broke. You will be the first test case as to what customer service will do. Will they just give you a K1 replacement (doubtful), will they give a K2 replacement for free (doubtful), will they offer you a K2 replacement for a reduced cost. Please keep us informed as to how cu handles this.

Steve

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
It was mentioned somewhere today that the Kindle represented a percentage of Amazon's unit book sales. I can't remember if it is 10% or 20%, and  can't seem to find it now. Anyone remember?

Steve

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
jmeaders said:
M-Edge will exchange my K1 case for a K2 case at same price point! I'm set!
Wow, is this going to be their standard procedure? Is there a purchase time frame for this (had to buy the K1 case within the last x months). Good to know.

Steve

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
My battery seems to be losing power at an increasing rate. Got my K1 in Nov and the power went down halfway with Whispernet on in about 2-2.5 days. Now it goes down halfway in a day. I am glad I bought a spare battery. Has anyone else noticed this?

Steve

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.