Kindle Forum banner
61 - 80 of 100 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Heather - my husband's Kindle broke yesterday, too - we called last night and they shipped replacement this am.  We went ahead and called because he thought he'd rather have K1 and didn't want to get forced into anything.  And he did NOT want to wait 2 weeks!  the guy on the phone was very nice.  Hope it works out for you.  

· Premium Member
19,503 Posts
Captain OBX said:
Seems to me much ado about not much. I don't see any reason to upgrade to a new Kindle until it gets color (assuming Amazon continues to sell replacement batteries).
I specifically asked CS this question this morning and they said yes, they'd still be selling batteries and accessories for K1.

L

· Registered
5,509 Posts
Heatherly said:
I have a complaint! My Kindle broke LAST NIGHT! What sort of Limbo Land have I just arrived at? :eek: My right hand "next page" button is inoperable. Booo hooo! I have not called them yet, I am scared to hear the prognosis.
Heather I've been wondering about that myself - two of the Kindles on my account have about 6 months warranty left, the other is good until November. Wondering what happens if one of them croaks in July?
Let us know what you find out.

· Registered
5,509 Posts
stevene9 said:
Page 98 of the Kindle 2 user guide says the battery is replaceable.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kindle/Kindle2_Users_Guide.pdf

Steve
I don't think it's user-replaceable, though, and that seems to be what people are miffed about. I wouldn't be thrilled about having to send Pearl in to have her battery replaced (wouldn't want to have to be without her for however long it would take).

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
My battery seems to be losing power at an increasing rate. Got my K1 in Nov and the power went down halfway with Whispernet on in about 2-2.5 days. Now it goes down halfway in a day. I am glad I bought a spare battery. Has anyone else noticed this?

Steve

· Registered
9,650 Posts
stevene9 said:
My battery seems to be losing power at an increasing rate. Got my K1 in Nov and the power went down halfway with Whispernet on in about 2-2.5 days. Now it goes down halfway in a day. I am glad I bought a spare battery. Has anyone else noticed this?
Someone mentioned the other day that they had a bunch of temp files on their Kindle, and that their battery life increased after they deleted them.... You might want to hook your Kindle to your PC and see if you have any of these .tmp files on yours.

· Registered
5,509 Posts
stevene9 said:

Steve
Steve, this was happening with mine & it was the SD card. It was constantly working on indexing it, even when it was in sleep mode, and it was running the battery down quickly. Once I took it out, battery life went right back to normal. If you have an SD card in yours, try taking it out & see if that helps.

· Registered
2,113 Posts
akjak said:
Bazam! Thread back from the dead!

Complaining time!

I need more free time. And more sleep.
My main complain is FOLDERS!!!!! Tags,folders anything that could get this k2 a little organized. Clean up all my several screens a bit! It gets confusing and annoying to me. So many books all just laying around on different pages, no folders to put them into!

· Registered
12,056 Posts
I can't find a decent place to live closer to my new job.  I'm tired of packing and unpacking and not being home. 
deb

61 - 80 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.