Kindle Forum banner
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
2,113 Posts
I found my ipod in a cup of water. I suspect the dog did it.  :eek:

bright(ish) side of complaint- I have Best Buy additional warranty for 3 more years.

not so bright side- I dont think my best buy addt. warranty covers water damage but I will take it in to BB and find out today.

-cross your fingers-
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,113 Posts
Wheezie said:
You can always dry it out in a bag of rice and "forget" about the water issue. Unless it's dripping with h2o, BB will probably exchange it anyway.
Does that really work? Also it is about a 18months old but I did buy the extra warranty do you really think best buy will exchange it?
 

· Registered
Joined
·
12,056 Posts
I think if you bought a 3-year warranty you have 3 years no matter what.  And the rice trick does pull the water out.  Won't repair the damage, nor make it play, but will draw the water out.
deb
 

· Registered
Joined
·
214 Posts
IMO-they should, or I mean probably will  if the iPod isn't functioning properly or not at all. I don't know what the warranty covers, but unless it's obviously wet....
It might cover accidents, I don't know.  I know several people that have dried out soaked Blackberrys with the rice trick. Pour white rice in a zip-loc and put the iPod in there for at least a day.  ;D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,113 Posts
drenee said:
I think if you bought a 3-year warranty you have 3 years no matter what. And the rice trick does pull the water out. Won't repair the damage, nor make it play, but will draw the water out.
deb
Ok I was hoping (but not sure) if the 3year warranty covered water and accidental damage completely. I have the ipod in the rice now so maybe if it draws the water out the ipod will work

*crosses fingers*
 

· Registered
Joined
·
2,113 Posts
Wheezie said:
IMO-they should, or I mean probably will if the iPod isn't functioning properly or not at all. I don't know what the warranty covers, but unless it's obviously wet....
It might cover accidents, I don't know. I know several people that have dried out soaked Blackberrys with the rice trick. Pour white rice in a zip-loc and put the iPod in there for at least a day. ;D
OK thanks so much for the tip. I now have the ipod in the dry white rice. Hopefully if the water gets drawn out then maybe the damage wasn't too bad. Its worth a try before my trip to best buy. Thanks again, today my complaint taught me something new. :)
 

· Super Moderator
Joined
·
74,515 Posts
KindleMom said:
I should be working on my taxes. We filed an extension which is due in 11 days. I think our accountant is going to fire us. :-\
If you are talking about the Federal extension filed using form 4868, that gives you until October 15 to file the return. (I'm assuming a personal return, here.)

I still think you should get it done sooner rather than later. . . .but you may not be as much under the gun as you think you are. . . .
 

· Registered
Joined
·
861 Posts
Ann in Arlington said:
If you are talking about the Federal extension filed using form 4868, that gives you until October 15 to file the return. (I'm assuming a personal return, here.)

I still think you should get it done sooner rather than later. . . .but you may not be as much under the gun as you think you are. . . .
Really? I wonder why all the pressure from the acct then...

Maybe for our business return. We have an s-corp and filed an extension for that also.

Yes, I do want it just done but if it doesn't have to be done right away I'm going to enjoy the last week or so of my kids' summer break.
 

· Super Moderator
Joined
·
74,515 Posts
KindleMom said:
Really? I wonder why all the pressure from the acct then...

Maybe for our business return. We have an s-corp and filed an extension for that also.
He/she probably has a whole bunch of clients on extension who all will expect it done in the same 2 week period. . . .I don't blame him/her for encouraging you to get it done sooner rather than later, and I wouldn't be surprised if he/she said, "I need all the info by x date or I can't guarantee it will be done on time."

And would expect him/her to charge more the later it gets.

Besides, maybe he/she's got a vacation scheduled, too.

Business returns are on a different schedule and the extension works differently, but that's not my practice area at all so I don't know any more than that.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
10,010 Posts
KindleMom said:
Really? I wonder why all the pressure from the acct then...

Maybe for our business return. We have an s-corp and filed an extension for that also.

Yes, I do want it just done but if it doesn't have to be done right away I'm going to enjoy the last week or so of my kids' summer break.
Last time I checked, business extensions were either for five or for six months depending on the kind of forms you needed to file. So, since business tax forms are due 3/15, that would be either mid-August or mid-September. Your accountant might be right...
 
81 - 100 of 100 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top