Kindle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haha. 1 week is how long it took me to drop it. Knocked it off a tv tray and like a piece of toast it landed screen side down. All seems fine. I will read tonight and know for sure.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nooooo isn't what I screamed but you've got the emotion right. I, of course, was so nervous picking it up that I dropped it again (like from an inch). blech

B

·
0 Posts
This is another reason LR and I waited so long to get a Kindle.  We are both lifelong klutzes.  We recognize and admit this, and I, at least, try to take appropriate preventative measures in how I go about daily activities and in my lifestyle choices.  Which generally means not owning fragile hand-held items that will receive regular usage.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Glad to hear yours survived!

I've got this problem too--and worse yet, I can't tell you how many DTBs have had stuff spilled all over them that I've knocked over.  ::)  But I'm out to proved that even klutzes can have a Kindle.  My poor iPhone has managed to survive a year of me in part due to a very good case and in part because I put gaffers tape on the back of it after dropping it a few times.  At least now it doesn't slide right through my hands as easily!

I'm using a plastic coated wire easel to "store" my K2 whenever I put it down on my nightstand or end table (keeps it up out of spills), and I'm getting into the habit of closing the cover completely if I'm about to walk away from it for some reason. At least that way, if I knock it over, it's got a little protection. I know this is the ONLY way I'm going to be able to keep this thing going a month, let alone a year or two.  And this is one reason the Amazon cover was never an option for me--no built in way to keep it shut.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts