Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine found this and posted it on FB. I don't know if she normally follows this blogger, or if she just ran across this. Warning: there's some inappropriate language in it, but it's really funny. (I'm twisted. I admit it. I read the blog to my husband, using my best dramatic interpretation of the various characters, and both my husband and I were laughing like fools (ok...I was crying) by the end of it.) Just had to share. :)

http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
I LOVE The Bloggess. And this post is so funny (probably one of my favourites). She makes me want big metal chicken.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
AddieLove said:
I LOVE The Bloggess. And this post is so funny (probably one of my favourites). She makes me want big metal chicken.
I want one, too, and I don't even LIKE chickens. ;) I'm still laughing about it. I needed a good laugh because of all of the flooding in my area (especially where I teach and where my students and many friends live). I think the big metal chicken was just what the dr. ordered. ;)

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Cindy416 said:
I want one, too, and I don't even LIKE chickens. ;) I'm still laughing about it. I needed a good laugh because of all of the flooding in my area (especially where I teach and where my students and many friends live). I think the big metal chicken was just what the dr. ordered. ;)
Absolutely! Can you just imagine how lovely it would look next to the front door? ;D
I'm so sorry to hear you, your friends and community are having to deal with all that flooding. I've been there, so I know how awful it is to see all that water and know there's nothing you can do to stop it. Hang in there! Here's hoping for some nice, dry weather for you guys.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AddieLove said:
Absolutely! Can you just imagine how lovely it would look next to the front door? ;D
I'm so sorry to hear you, your friends and community are having to deal with all that flooding. I've been there, so I know how awful it is to see all that water and know there's nothing you can do to stop it. Hang in there! Here's hoping for some nice, dry weather for you guys.
I'd have loved to see the blogger's husband's face when he opened the door to find Beyonce there. LOL

Thanks for the wishes for dry weather. That will help, but the main problem is caused because the Corp of Engineers in releasing HUGE amounts of water from up north. We've just learned of 3 more very serious levee breaches tonight, so the Missouri River is on an even bigger rampage than it was earlier. So very sad.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Jessica Billings said:
Oh my gosh, that was an amazing post. Thank you for sharing!!! ;D
You're welcome. I loved it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts