Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
now what do I do? - I am a little nervous.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Suzyz said:
now what do I do? - I am a little nervous.
If you are nervous, may I modestly suggest you start with this book? It's only $1.59 and may answer some questions.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Leslie's book was the first that I read and would have been a bargain at 10 times the price. It answers questions you don't even know to ask yet.

edit to correct

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Yes, buy Leslie's book. It was the first book I bought and read. After that I felt comfortable to really dig in and start buying and reading on my Kindle. So excited for you. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Don't be nervous.  :)  Kindles are very friendly to use.  I will admit that while I was waiting for mine to arrive I was looking all over these boards reading the tips that everyone had posted (there are so many).  I have also bought Leslies book but I haven't read it yet.  ::)  I made the mistake of buying a couple other books along with it and started one and the rest is history.  I will warn you once you get started reading on it you can't stop.  It's a major addiction (kind of like these boards).  :D  Enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
How exciting for you.  Congratulations.  I concur with all of the other here, buy Leslie's book.  Very very helpful.
Also, don't be afraid to ask questions here.  We love to talk about our Ks. 
deb

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Just to clarify...

My book is written for the Kindle 1. There are lots of similarities between the K1 and the K2 but there are some things that are different. I read your message and saw "Received Kindle 1 hour ago" and thought you had a Kindle version 1 but you may actually have a Kindle 2, right?

Anyway, welcome glad to have you here. Feel free to ask all the questions you want. We're a fun and friendly bunch.

And if you buy my book, thank you.

L

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Yes, my first Kindle download was Leslie's book and I'd recommend it. Like she said, it was written for Kindle 1 but much of it applies to Kindle 1 or 2.

Here's another link to it - so you don't even need to go through the work of scrolling upward. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Okay, I've had my Kindle 2 for a few hours now and haven't put it down. Bought Leslie's book and subscribed to a blog and bought 1 book I had been meaning to read anyway. - Can't get too carried away, I think I need to calm down, it's the new toy syndrome!.  I'm actually thinking I learned quite a bit and I'm feeling like I'm going to love it . I put it to sleep in it's lovely red leather cover. Is that what you all do every night, or do you charge it??  Can you overcharge it?? I'd appreciate the scoop on that.

One thing I would love to do is finish the book I'm currently reading on the Kindle (so much easier on my eyes) but I guess I'll have to finish it the old fashioned way.

Thanks everybody for your guidance and kind words.  I am happy to be involved here.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Heh, I had that problem too.. I was in the middle of a DTB when my Kindle arrived. I'm ashamed to say I bought the Kindle version to finish up. Sheesh.

Now the real fun begins... Once you're more comfortable with your goodie, head over to the Accessories forum and dress it up! Skin, cases and bags... Oh my!

Oh, and unless I've been hammering the Whispernet, I charge mine about once a week. I keep the wireless off most of the time.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Leslie said:
If you are nervous, may I modestly suggest you start with this book? It's only $1.59 and may answer some questions.

Excellent book!!!!!! I bought it and it answered ALLLLLLLL of my Kindle 1 questions!!!!
Great Job, Leslie!

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
I go ahead and put mine (K1) on the charger every night even if it shows as being mostly/fully charged, it's got the type of battery that can't really be harmed by doing so (from what I understand). 

Welcome to Kindle ownership and enjoy! :D

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I had several DTBs to finish before reading on the Kindle. Finally gave it up, gave the books to my friend and replaced them on the Kindle. Just couldn't take my hands off the Kindle long enough to read the DTBs. Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Stevene9 - shame on you  ;D trying to corrupt a brand new kindler  ::)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts