Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recieved my K1 yesterday.  I purchased a well loved K1 from a member of KB who upgraded to a K2.  Since I had a sony reader we agreed that she would keep her K1 until she recieved her K2.  I was very excited yesterday to recieve my new friend.  She arrived well packaged and in excellent shape.  I turned her on and began to play.

1st thoughts- LOVE whispernet!!  I really like the ease of getting books but can see that this could get me into trouble!  I really like the ability to sample books, which I don't have on my sony.  Both the sony and the kindle are easy to hold, but I will have to get used to the page turn buttons because they are easier to hit accidently on the kindle.  I like the ability to have folders on the sony but really don't mind going through the pages on the kindle to find the book I want and will probably just use SD cards to organize my books.  I like having more text size choices on the kindle and the dictionary.  Both are easy to read on.  I like that there are more books available for the kindle and doing a comparison of book prices they have been cheaper.  Oh, and a big thing, I like the comraderie of these boards. 

I am very happy with the K1, it was worth it to me to adopt a K1.  The whispernet itself makes this purchase so worthwhile.  As I continue to play and explore I am sure I will find other great things about my new friend.  Now, I just have to control my spending, LOL.  I have already purchased a Borsa Bella bag and Oberon cover. 

Talk to you all soon,

Dot

·
Registered
201 Posts
Congrats Deblab! I am waiting for my Kindle to come in the mail! I bought it off e-bay. I am also looking a the Oberon covers--which one did you get?? Was it hard to choose? What were your second choices?

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Thanks for the comparasion of the Kindle and Sony Dot. The longer you have your Kindle the more you will love it. I have 2 of the Borsa Bella bags, they are well made and so cute.

Happy Reading!
Linda

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JeanThree said:
Congrats Deblab! I am waiting for my Kindle to come in the mail! I bought it off e-bay. I am also looking a the Oberon covers--which one did you get?? Was it hard to choose? What were your second choices?
JeanThree- I bought the Roof of Heaven, my Kindle came with dragonfly pond. I really like them both. These covers are very nice. My other choices would be Tree of life, River Garden (really like this one), and Creekbed Maple. Congrats on your Kindle. You will really love it.

Wannabe said:
Love your avatar Dablab!
Wannabe- thanks!! That was my baby, I lost her in November and still miss her very much.

Linda- I have been eyeing up the Borsa Bella handbags, that may be my next purchase.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts