Kindle Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Kindle Fire today. Or rather, my 3-year-old did, because she absconded with it within minutes.

She has a delightful ability to one-click books and apps and movies, and that's all well and good when it's free instant video, but I fear she'll start venturing into the paid section soon.

Does anyone know of an app that will block that ability? Or how to turn off one-click maybe?  ;D

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hmmmm. I havent tried an app like that or a setting for this. All I know is if you already linked your card then it will be easy for anyone to purchase books. Unless it requires password.

·
Super Moderator
67,458 Posts
Have you looked in settings?  There's a section for parental controls.  I don't have it set because I have no need but you might poke around there.

There's also a Free App called Kindle Free time -- that I think you should have automatically.  It lets you set separate logins for you and your kids so that they can only do certain things while they have it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I use zoodles, it lets you pick what apps you want them to have access to and it also provides age appropriate ages they can play.

·
Super Moderator
67,458 Posts
Amanda Brice said:
Thanks! I'll look into Kindle Free Time. :D
I think it's already on the device. . . . . but it may not come on the basic Fire -- only the HD models.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Free time is on the basic fire if it is the new (Nov 2012) one.  If it is a 2011 model you can not get it.  We upgraded out 2011 fire with the 2012 just to get free time.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
On your Kindle fire go to settings and I think parental controls are under security.
Oh and there are many free children's books at amazon.  Some are for the under 5 set.
Or you can turn off wifi while the 3 year old is playing with it.
No internet=no shopping.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I was just looking for answers on this same thing. I don't want my kids buying a bunch of media or in-game features.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts