Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein.   

What an incredible book!  It was sweet,  tragic, funny, touching and poignant.    Anyone would love it, but ESPECIALLY dog lovers.  It's told from the point of view of the family dog. 

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Steffiesunshine said:

What an incredible book! It was sweet, tragic, funny, touching and poignant. Anyone would love it, but ESPECIALLY dog lovers. It's told from the point of view of the family dog.
Oh yes, my wife and I love the Enzo story. Garth Stein spoke at our local bookstore not long ago, but we couldn't make it. It's a very imaginative, sweet book. One of my faves.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I also loved The Art of Racing in the Rain. It was a very special book. I just ordered Always Faithful. My husband is a retired Marine and we both love dogs...what could be better. Here are a couple more I enjoyed. Jinky is irreverent laugh out loud funny. But a warning Jinky has a potty mouth. (After all he hangs around with those Hollywood types.)

·
Registered
10,391 Posts
Mollyb52 said:
...I just ordered Always Faithful. My husband is a retired Marine and we both love dogs...what could be better....
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I expected to cry at the end of Marley and Me, but Always Faithful got to me, too -- not so much at the end, but when viewing the photos in the middle of the book and seeing the monument the author helped get built for the dogs who gave their lives on Guam.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Steffiesunshine said:

What an incredible book! It was sweet, tragic, funny, touching and poignant. Anyone would love it, but ESPECIALLY dog lovers. It's told from the point of view of the family dog.
I got this one awhile back and it's next on my list. Can't wait!

Melissa

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I just ordered the sample of The Art of Racing in the Rain.  Thanks for the recommend.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I think I remember reading Always Faithul

Good book

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Beautiful Joe, an autobiography of a dog is a great book and the price is right!

·
Registered
468 Posts
I loved "The Art of Racing in the Rain".  I listened to it on audiobook.  The narrator gave Enzo the perfect voice.  I highly recommend this one.

Maxx

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
What about "Where the Red Fern Grows" by Wilson Rawls?

It isn't available on Kindle yet, but it is a good story. It was one of my favorites when I was younger.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts