Kindle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still trying to get used to how itunes works and am having a problem with my gift card. I've entered the gift card number in the "redeem" section as they direct you, and it shows the $15 balance at the top when I'm in itunes. However, when I purchased a song the other day it did not subtract it from my balance but instead charged my cc. Why doesn't it pull from the gift card balance first before using the cc, like Amazon does? Do I need to remove the cc info. for it to pull from the gift card?

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Its been ages since I redeemed any codes at iTunes, but what happened to you doesn't sound right. I don't have access here at work, when I get home I'll look and see what I can dig up. You might want to contact Apple and see what they say.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I went back into my account today it had finally subtracted the amount for the song I purchased the other day. No clue as to why it took 3 days to deduct it from the gift card, but it seems to be working ok now. Evidently I had everything entered like I was supposed to so there must have been a glitch on their end somewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts