Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now for the first time, book number one in the Brides of Bath series is available as an e-book. (See www.CherylBolen.com for more new Kindle books.)

Cheryl Bolen's writing draws you into her fast-paced story. 4 Stars - Romantic Times

Cheryl Bolen returns to the Regency England she knows so well. . .If you love a steamy Regency with a fast pace, be sure to pick up The Bride Wore Blue. - Happily Ever After

Having made his fortune in India, Thomas Moreland returns to England in the hopes of winning Felicity Harrison, the fair beauty who saved him from death years earlier. But Felicity is determined to thwart the arrogant nabob, despite that he's rescuing her family from financial ruin. Her fervent resolve, though, goes wickedly awry whenever she's in his unsettling, seductive presence.

·
Super Moderator
67,350 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, Cheryl, and congratulations on your book!

Please note that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum. As such, self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows:

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . .there are details there about how you can be listed so that our readers can find you.

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally published as a mass market paperback in 2002, THE BRIDE WORE BLUE is now available on Kindle for the first time. It is the first book in the Brides of Bath series of historical novels set in Regency England.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheryl Bolen said:
Originally published as a mass market paperback in 2002, THE BRIDE WORE BLUE is now available on Kindle for the first time. It is the first book in the Brides of Bath series of historical novels set in Regency England.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 2002 paperback edition of THE BRIDE WORE BLUE featured a different cover. I think I like the new one better. What about you?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I love Regencies, Cheryl! I've always had a soft spot for them. I'll check out Bride Wore Blue next time I'm on my Kindle. :) I do like that cover!

I've written a few Regency historicals myself. Do you put a lot of sex scenes in them? I always thought Regency romance should be pretty chaste, since it was Jane Austen and Georgette Heyer who popularized them. However, writing "sweet" romance hasn't exactly gotten me very far.  :p

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Karen, the sweet Regencies are selling very well on amazon. Mine are not sweet, but sexy. Traditional publishers turned their backs on sweet Regencies because of soft sales at the turn of the milenium. My publishers always wanted the longer, sexier books. I do love the old Georgette Heyer books. Check out Candice Hern or Anne Marie Novark on Kindle. They're sweet bestsellers. (And I hope you check out a few Cheryl Bolen books, too!)

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For this first book in the Brides of Bath series, Romantic Times magazine gave it a 4-star review. I hope a new crop of readers will enjoy it.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Interesting story about the title of this book. Originally, there was no blue dress. My former publishing house came up with this title, and I had to go back and put in the blue dress!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Like each of the original 4 books in Brides of Bath, this is a stand-alone novel. It's also the first of the series.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Don't you all like the new cover better? The one at the top here is the old one; the one you see at the bottom of the "signature" line is the new one, which has the heroine in Regency-style dress, instead of the earlier Georgian era dress.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Bride Wore Blue is Book 1 of the Brides of Bath series; I'm happy to announce Book 4 will release Oct. 1st. The new title will be TO TAKE THIS LORD.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was thrilled that this book's best ranking in Regency Romances is No. 25; and the 4th book was released this past weekend, even though it doesn't show up below. It's titled TO TAKE THIS LORD.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts