Kindle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I saw in my publishing report today that Amazon had given a refund ($0.99)for my ebook which made me wonder what is their criteria for giving refunds on ebooks.  Does anyone know please?

Thanks
Marie

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
ukdame said:
Hi

I saw in my publishing report today that Amazon had given a refund ($0.99)for my ebook which made me wonder what is their criteria for giving refunds on ebooks. Does anyone know please?

Thanks
Marie
Within 7 days, no (or very few) questions asked.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nomesque said:
Within 7 days, no (or very few) questions asked.
Thanks - I never knew that. Does the 7 day period apply to printed books as well do you know?

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BrianKittrell said:
Yes, this. I've also heard they will refund at any point if the customer fusses enough, but the 7 day period is automatic, no questions asked.
Crikey! I don't think a day goes by when I don't learn something on this forum :)
Thanks

·
Registered
982 Posts
There are exceptions to the rules too. I emailed Amazon Customer Service, asking them if I could get the updated version of a book. (The author had uploaded a new cover art that I wanted.  :D)

I bought the book a month earlier.

They told me that they could not send me the updated version because the author did not authorize them to do it when he pushed a new version, but they told me that they could give me a refund and I could just repurchase it.

I opted not to take advantage of it.

Why? Well, I bought the book when it was $2.99. I wouldn't have felt good about getting the full refund since the price had since been dropped to $0.99.

Still, they did offer it to me, despite the fact that the seven days were up.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
ukdame said:
Thanks - I never knew that. Does the 7 day period apply to printed books as well do you know?
I think refunds are a little more difficult with printed books and other non-digital products, but Amazon are probably the most obliging online retailer I've come across in that regard. They do have their limits, though, as a few people have discovered - return TOO many things, and your account will be removed.

They make it particularly easy with Kindle books, though, because it's SO easy to accidentally buy something with their one-click buttons.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nomesque said:
I think refunds are a little more difficult with printed books and other non-digital products, but Amazon are probably the most obliging online retailer I've come across in that regard. They do have their limits, though, as a few people have discovered - return TOO many things, and your account will be removed.

They make it particularly easy with Kindle books, though, because it's SO easy to accidentally buy something with their one-click buttons.
I've bought loads of printed books from Amazon and even when the odd one has been delivered in a poor condition, it's never occurred to me to ask for a refund! Good to know for the future -

Thanks
Marie

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've gotten refunded for a couple of print books when the wifey clicked the wrong button or ordered the novel instead of the stage script or something like that. It's super-easy, and I've never had any questions asked. They really have it going on as far as online retailers go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.