Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
By the time you see it and get here to post bout it, they will usually be gone. People all over the country are spamming the refresh button on the refurb page. 

Some of them want the Kindles for themselves, others want them to sell on eBay. 

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got one of them, surprise Christmas gift for my husband who has an extreme case of Kindle envy. So no ebay for one of them at least. I've been trying for a week and a half for one. It made me feel good when he said this morning "Man, wish I had my kindle already".

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Vampyre said:
By the time you see it and get here to post bout it, they will usually be gone. People all over the country are spamming the refresh button on the refurb page.
It would be a much better use of their time to use our Alert Me service. You'll get pinged with am email the moment a return becomes available. Click the link in the email, then One-Click, and you're done.

·
Registered
12,250 Posts
That alert me thingy you made is great Harvey for those that need it. I hope it helps some get a last minute Christmas Kindle.

Those that are hunting just make sure you have your one clip set up ready to go, if you want the Kindle be shipped in one day, make sure you change that now. You can always change that default back later. That way the Kindle won't be bought from out under your shopping card.  ;D

Good luck to refurb hunters this weekend.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
We have ten members signed up right now for the email alert service. I'm looking forward to the next round of refurbs, and see how many we are able to get!!

·
Registered
455 Posts
We heard back from Mike's mother. They have decided not to worry about the refurbed Kindles. They are going to get a new one when they get back from Africa. For the trip, my FIL is going to get an MP3 player and load it with audio books.

So, I'm off the refurb hunt. :)

I

·
0 Posts
Unless you have a dog trained to sniff out Kindles or a portable x-ray machine, I guess you'll have to wait a few more days boss.  :)  Keepin my fangs crossed for you!

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
We now have about 20 KindleBoards members signed up to be instantly alerted when the next batch of refurbs get released.

So, I'm hoping that we KindleBoarders get more than our fair share of those refurbs when they next become available!!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
This must be a PR stunt by Amazon to create a buzz. If they really just wanted to sell their refurbs, they could have a sign up list, and when one comes up, it goes to the next person on the list. Pretty good idea to keep people talking about the popularity and scarcity of Kindles.

Steve

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
I suppose they could do a pre-order for refurbs just like you can with new ones. Maybe it's hard to predict - even for them - how many refurbs are going to available.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bullymom said:
I got one of them, surprise Christmas gift for my husband who has an extreme case of Kindle envy. So no ebay for one of them at least. I've been trying for a week and a half for one. It made me feel good when he said this morning "Man, wish I had my kindle already".
I got a refurb from my parents for Christmas. My dad said he was checking Amazon one day and it just popped up. How lucky is that?

Erich

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Erich said:
I got a refurb from my parents for Christmas. My dad said he was checking Amazon one day and it just popped up. How lucky is that?

Erich
Very lucky! That's how I got a refurb for Susan in my office (my right hand person). It was the very first day refurbs were available and they had them for a few hours, but I clicked the buy button within seconds. I ordered it on Saturday and it was delivered on Monday, 12/2, and I didn't even pay for overnight shipping!

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hi Chimmer, welcome! Glad to have you here. Make sure to introduce yourself over in the welcome and introductions forum!

L

1 - 20 of 20 Posts