Kindle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning everyone,

I was just checking the Amazon site and realized that the reburbs are available again if anyone else is still looking to get one right away.

I saw it at 7:45 am EST.

Lynn M

I

·
0 Posts
They disappear faster than...than...something that disappears really really fast.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I love hearing about the refurb availability...lol.

(Suggestion, could somebody start an official refurb thread and post all the refurb announcments there? I forsee a future where there are hundreds of refurb announcement topics.........)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I tried to delete my first topic of Refurbs Available, but I am not authorized to delete topics. LOL    I did delete all of my posts in that topic though.

I get so excited when I see that refurbs are available I have a hard time finding where to tell everyone quickly.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dori said:
I tried to delete my first topic of Refurbs Available, but I am not authorized to delete topics. LOL I did delete all of my posts in that topic though.

I get so excited when I see that refurbs are available I have a hard time finding where to tell everyone quickly.
I'm not trying to scold people or anything Dori....lol. I know people can't delete topics...(been there, done that).
Just thought I'd make a suggestion!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dori said:
I didn't take it at all as a scold Kimblee. Sorry if I sounded that way.
lol, it wasn't really directed at you Dori. I reread what I originally wrote and just wanted everybody who read this thread to think I wasn't scolding. I didn't think you were offended at all.

I

·
0 Posts
Until the Kurrent Kindle Krisis is over, maybe we could have the "Official Refurbs" thread stickied like the announcements thread so it is visible no matter where we are in the forum

·
Registered
268 Posts
Vampyre said:
Until the Kurrent Kindle Krisis is over, maybe we could have the "Official Refurbs" thread stickied like the announcements thread so it is visible no matter where we are in the forum
That's exactly what I was suggesting.

(Bonus points for the 'K' alliteration!)

·
Registered
731 Posts
You all do know that the board checks automatically every time you refresh a page right?

The "Kindle Refurbs:" Status and time checked on the top left of the page in the Banner Bar?

----slowly backing outta here----

·
Registered
157 Posts
Another refurbed up at 9:24 am EST :)  hope someone here gets it!

·
Registered
795 Posts
ScottBooks said:
You all do know that the board checks automatically every time you refresh a page right?

The "Kindle Refurbs:" Status and time checked on the top left of the page in the Banner Bar?

----slowly backing outta here----
What ScottBooks said! It seems redundant to have a thread about availability when all anyone has to do is look at the top of the board to see Harvey's automatic refurb checker.

·
Registered
157 Posts
yeah I have noticed that sometimes the Availability Notice on the top of the board is at times not correct, I have seen refurbs up and it didn't show here when I refreshed and sometimes when it does they are sold out on Amazon :/  There may be a delay of sorts perhaps.  Just was trying to be helpful ;D

·
Registered
268 Posts
Scathach said:
yeah I have noticed that sometimes the Availability Notice on the top of the board is at times not correct, I have seen refurbs up and it didn't show here when I refreshed and sometimes when it does they are sold out on Amazon :/ There may be a delay of sorts perhaps. Just was trying to be helpful ;D
It's a great idea, but it never seems to be 100 percent functional. Not that having a dedicated topic would be any faster at alerting people....

·
Super Moderator
67,245 Posts
In addition to the automated notice Harvey has, which does seem to have a delay, probably because of the underlying code, there is a link you can click that says Refurbs: Check Availability. You can always use that link to check the up to the second status of availability.

Ann

1 - 18 of 18 Posts