Kindle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have gone through two of the ReLight rechargeable book lights. My first one flickered terribly the very first day I got it. I was irritated as it was a birthday gift and immediately exchanged it. My second one did not flicker at first, but started to after just a month or two. I had given up on the product and decided to purchase the mighty bright 2, and a set of eneloop rechargeable AAAs.

Last night I started looking at my broken Relight and decided to tinker with it. It's not a very complicated product so I figured it can't be too hard to see what the cause of the flicker is. (I promise I'm getting somewhere with this)

When you attatch the booklight to a book or your kindle cover, it's causing the plastic piece which the clip is attached to to bend outward. This little plastic piece sometimes works to hold your batteries in place. I don't think it was ever supposed to, but it appears the little metal springs that secure your battery wear down really quickly. To solve this problem, you just need to remove the battery cover and secure your batteries into their little homes. I used some electrical tape. I measured out the exact size of the cover, and taped my batteries into their places. I was then able to re-attach the battery cover. No more flickering.

If you haven't already discovered this fix, and you were having a simliar problem I highly recommend doing this.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Nice first post. Please go to the Introductions thread and give us more info about yourself so that we can get to know you and greet you properly. Glad you found KindleBoards.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh this was my first post? I will do that. I actually joined this site about two months ago and have been looking at it on and off, I suppose I never posted though. Well alright. I shall go and introduce myself.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Great post cjpatrick! I have a similar light and it has flickering problems, I'll see if I can fix it like that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts