Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
I fail to see the problem. If that seller manages to shift your books, he has to get them from somewhere and presumably it is arbitrage. That would mean you would benefit in the process. I would not mind someone doing that with my books.

Registered
I agree - have to get them somewhere ... unless of course, that person buys ONE copy and reproduces it for sale. That's always been an issue with e-books, and even print books for that matter.

Happens a lot with photos too - the stealing part - a lot of folks seem to think anything on the web is public. Books, art, images, words are all copyright and only the few crooks that get caught pay a penalty.

I expect that is a minority of sales, and we can't worry about it ... takes too much time away from our own productive work. When I find it, I do a take down notice (my images or words) ... and that's it, otherwise we spend more time searching than it's worth.

Registered
Writing the next books in my Martin Billings series.
I think the OP was worried that they would take the sale and never ship the book!!! Not that they would take the profit. THe concern is that it is a way of trashing authors who are selling okay, crushing sales.
Yes, if they do fulfill the order, no problem.

Registered
I think the OP was worried that they would take the sale and never ship the book!!! Not that they would take the profit. THe concern is that it is a way of trashing authors who are selling okay, crushing sales.
Yes, if they do fulfill the order, no problem.
If that were the case, their Amazon account would not last very long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts