Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be putting my book into KDP Select soon. I removed my book from outside distribution months ago at Smashwords. I had to write a couple of stores, like Kobo and maybe Sony, but the book did come off. So that's done.

How do I now remove it from sale at Smashwords and B&N? I would think "unpublish", but it says not to unpublish books? Is there another way to do it that I'm not seeing or thinking of? I don't want to screw up my books or reviews or anything.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I can't speak for Barnes & Noble, but I clicked the "unpublish" link to remove my books from sale at Smashwords when I went with Select last year. (I had already removed them from distribution with the other outlets through the Channel Manager.)

When I removed one of my books from the Select program a couple of months ago, I just clicked "publish" at Smashwords and it went back up on Smashwords and back into distribution without any problems.

Good luck.

·
Registered
709 Posts
If you went through Barnes & Noble through Pubit, then you should be able to just take the title off sale. Go to the titles' page and then click "Actions," and it has where you can "Take off sale." It might take a little bit of time (24-72 hours) for the book to vanish from their store.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I wasn't sure if hitting "unpublish" would screw anything up.

Yes, I did go thru PubIt. Thanks for letting me know about Actions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts