Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed to check the serial # of my k2 today and wanted to take off the Amazon cover.  I tried to pull the K away from the top clip but had no success as I didn't want to really tug at it and break something.  Has anyone here tried to take off this cover and if so what is the secret of doing it.

Thanx

John

·
Registered
116 Posts
If you look at the top clasp it has a raised piece on it.  Just slide it down towards the bottom of the Kindle and it should release from the top clasp.  Then rotate the Kindle's top slowly to the right and the bottom clasp will slide out of the slot.

Did I explain that ok?

Chris

·
Registered
99 Posts
Chris said:
If you look at the top clasp it has a raised piece on it. Just slide it down towards the bottom of the Kindle and it should release from the top clasp. Then rotate the Kindle's top slowly to the right and the bottom clasp will slide out of the slot.

Did I explain that ok?

Chris
Thanks so much Chris! (Misunderstood the directions, thought I was supposed to slide the K2 down. :-[)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Chris said:
Sorry :-[ ... I should have said slide the top clasp down!!! Is everything ok now?
OOPS! Your directions were fine, Chris-- I meant to say I misunderstood the directions that came with the cover. My bad!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts