Kindle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I have set up many collections for my e-books, I’d like to organize things differently on my Home screen. I’d especially like to set it up so that the books I am currently reading always show up at the top of the list, rather than sometimes being pushed off onto another page (if I’ve been flipping thru my collections).

Then I’d also like to re-arrange the order of my collections as well.

Is this possible or do I only have the very very few options listed at the top of my K screen (there’s like 4 of them).

I say ‘many’ collections but I probably only have 10-12. But still, I’d like more control over them and I’m sure there will be more in the future.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Morf said:
The problem is that once you go through your collections, they will become the newest collection rather than the one that has your current book in it.

Take a look at the suggestions here: http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,73465.msg1181650.html#msg1181650.

If you use punctuation marks at the beginning of your collection then a sort by title will put them at the top, this may help.
Thanks. I guess that would help with my collections but I really want the titles of the books I'm currently reading to be at the top. That cant be done?

Is there a way to edit book titles to add the special characters to them (outside of a 3rd party app like Calibre)?

·
5,928 Posts
If you want the books you're currently reading to be at the top, then set up a collection for them called Currently Reading, put a character in front of the name, like < and then sort your home screen by title. That collection will be at the top of page one. Unless you name all your other collections similarly, then the rest of your collections and books will be mixed up in alpha order after that. You can put books in more than one collection so you don't have to take them out of the collection they're already in to put them in Currently Reading.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
If you don't sort by Collections, you might as well sort by Most Recent, which will automatically put the last opened books at the top of the list.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Linjeakel said:
If you want the books you're currently reading to be at the top, then set up a collection for them called Currently Reading, put a character in front of the name, like < and then sort your home screen by title. That collection will be at the top of page one. Unless you name all your other collections similarly, then the rest of your collections and books will be mixed up in alpha order after that. You can put books in more than one collection so you don't have to take them out of the collection they're already in to put them in Currently Reading.
Thanks, that's a good suggestion, a decent workaround for now.

I appreciate it!

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SusanCassidy said:
If you don't sort by Collections, you might as well sort by Most Recent, which will automatically put the last opened books at the top of the list.
Thanks, I tried that but I couldnt stand seeing all the books that I had carefully organized into collections just spread out all over the place again! And mixed in with the collection names.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts