Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I hope all of you who have been here for a while will forgive me for re-posting this. My original free book offers are buried in unvisited threads which, I fear, a large number of our new members have never seen.

______________________________________________________​

Gone For a Soldier

A novel of the American Revolution

This 800 page novel includes descriptions of major battles, transcriptions of letters from George Washington, John Adams, Benedict Arnold and many other prominent figures of the American Revolution as well as important documents such as the Declaration of Independence and articles by Thomas Paine.

Divided by loyalty to the King of England and the idea of democracy, the Van Buskirk family struggles from the Boston Tea Party to the Battle of Yorktown to preserve a way of life or forge a new nation.

Fictional characters are generally composites of real people. Historical characters are based upon consensus views but are likely to be somewhat biased toward the American point of view.

Treasure of La Malinche

This 1,200 page men's adventure novel in two volumes interweaves the history of the Spanish conquest of the New World with the current social and economic troubles in Mexico.

In his conquest of New Spain, Herman Cortés was assisted by the hereditary Aztec Princess, Malintzin Tenepal who became his chief interpreter and the mother of his son, Martin Cortés, who is often called the First Mestizo. Christened as Doña Marina by the Spaniards and known to the natives as La Malinche, this extraordinary woman was, and still is, a polarizing character in Mexico and Hispanic American culture.

The ordinary life of college professor Margaret de Vega is forever changed when she discovers the six hundred year old memoirs of La Malinche containing the secret to finding the lost treasure of Montezuma. With the aid of retired Special Forces Colonel R.A. Lincoln, Doctor de Vega undertakes her treasure hunt along a rapidly deteriorating United States - Mexican border.

Both these novels contain violence and adult language.

Please send me a Private Message and I will happily provide you with a link to the files you want. These files are formatted as Mobipocket (*.prc) which can be read on your computer or your Kindle.

The simplest way to retrieve (download) the files is with your computer. Just click on the link that I gave you and save the file to a convenient place on your hard drive. If you get an error denying access and stating something like Windows (Vista usually) does not know what type of file you are trying to download, you will have to install the Mobipocket reader first. Here's the link:

http://www.mobipocket.com/en/DownloadSoft/default.asp?Language=EN

Once you have the file(s) on your computer you can read them with the Mobipocket reader by simply double-clicking on the title.

Copying files to your Kindle:

1. You can upload the PRC files to your Kindle using the USB cable connection. When mounted (plugged in to you computer) your Kindle will appear as another drive so you can simply drag and drop the files to the documents folder on you Kindle. (Right click drag gives you the move or copy options)

2. You can also send the files to your Kindle via email. If you have more than one file to transfer it will be faster and easier to zip the files first. Here's the process:

In Windows Explorer, select all the files that you want to transfer to your Kindle by holding the Ctrl key and clicking on each. When you have them all selected, right click on any of the selected files and from the pop-up menu, pick Send to => Compresses (zipped) Folder. Windows will assign a name but you can change it of you want.

Now open your email client, address a message to your kindle {YourName}@Kindle.com), attach the zipped folder and send it.

·
Registered
9,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're welcome, Quickfics.

Please send me your comments.

The day after I released these books, Leslie told me they were too fat for market and, as a result, I'm in the process of breaking them into a series as I fix spelling errors and typos. Since you're interested in history, please let me know if you notice anything that needs more research.

Note that I won't agree to make Banastre Tarleton a nice guy or Montezuma less acquiescent, as has already been suggested. ;D

Thanks for your interest.

Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.