Kindle Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed a few authors who have posted copies of reviews from the .co.uk site to the .com site using their own accounts, but reporting someone else's review of their book (make it clear it is a review from the other site).

What is people's view on doing this?

thanks

Mike

·
Registered
663 Posts
I hadn't thought about doing that... I think it's a great idea. Maybe if enough people do this, Amazon will eventually create the link between the two sites.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I as an author don't do it—it's too easy for someone to misread it as the author reviewing their own work—but when I review someone's piece on Amazon, I put the review on all 3 sites.  When I think of it, I put reviews on B&N & GoodReads, as well.

·
Registered
897 Posts
DON'T DO THIS.

Ever.

Either way.

Don't even ask your reviewers to copy and paste their reviews on to the other site, as if they've never reviewed anything else in that country it just looks like a bunch of sock puppet accounts.

Certainly don't do it yourself as this gives the same impression.

Wait for genuine customers to leave reviews!

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Carradee said:
I as an author don't do it-it's too easy for someone to misread it as the author reviewing their own work
I second that. It just doesn't look good having a customer review on your page that was listed by you.

Putting a quote or two in your editorial reviews is a much better option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts