Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apologies if I've missed a thread that answers this, my search skills are lacking in this forum!

I published one of my paperbacks earlier this year, but realized I'd like to use the ISBN from Bowker, rather than the ASIN (still learning!). I've seen that you can change your ISBN via unpublishing and republishing a title as listed here (International Standard Book Number (ISBN) - Second to last sentence).

However, I'm unclear if that's the entirety of the process. Does anyone have experience with this? If so,

• How long was the turn around?
  • Does the unpublishing and republishing create a new profile (thus losing reviews)?
  • Did you need to re-upload a manuscript when you republished?
  • Are there any hang ups I'm missing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
It's just like publishing a new book. Reviews will be gone, and you'll need to reupload the files, set prices, keywords, etc. Basically it's a different book.

(If you had paperback, the "old" version will remain forever because physical versions theoretically exist and can be resold on the secondary market. If you were just ebook, the old version will disappear when you unpublish.)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.